This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ONE AND ALL !

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ONE AND ALL !

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:59 pm

It's a SAD state of affairs when someone gets so busy that he forgets to stay in touch with so many friends and nice folks like y'all...BUT, I'M GUILTY AS CHARGED...and I hope some of you will find it in your hearts to forgive old 'Country' for staying absent so long! I can hardly believe that you guys celebrated CUB-A-RAMA 2004...(it seems like yesterday that we were all together at CUB-A-RAMA 2001.

At any rate, I've still been in radio here in Knoxville. My conservative talk show "Common Sense" celebrated it's 1 year anniversay on October 7th, 2004.

Carol & I went on our yearly pilgrimage North on October 15th (after broadcasting my morning show live from Dollywood). We came back on Tuesday, October 26th only to find out that the network of 5 a.m. radio stations that had been carrying my morning show Monday through Friday from 7 till 10 a.m. had CANCELLED it (sighting cost cutting as the reason). GEE...If COSTS walk in on 2 feet...what to PROFITS walk in on!!!

Well, seems I've got time a plenty now to finally restore my 1969 Cub Cadet Model 73 that I picked up at Cub-A Rama 2001...SOOO, I found myself looking on the site and looking at all the GREAT photos from 2002, 2003 & 2004...WOW, you guys are growing by leaps & bounds!

I'll try to be a better "FarmallCub.Com"er and stop by from time to time to jump in on the conversations and renew old friendships. I must admit I've missed "BIG DOG...RUSS...JIM...DENNIS...GEORGE and JOHN, and many others too!

It sure looks like you guys are doing well, and with any luck at all Cub-A Rama 2005 may just see and old geezer (sorry George) with a 1948 Cub AND a 1969 Cub Cadet Model 73.

All the BEST...and MAY GOD BLESS YOU!

'Country' Elliott Domans
edomans@charter.net
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:25 pm

Country, glad to see you back, but wish it were because you decided to retire rather than the stations cancelling. We've missed your words Of "wisdom". :wink: Red Power Roundup 2005 is is July 21-23 at Lebanon Tn. Hope to see you there
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:27 pm

Hey Country,

Happy Thanksgiving. Sorry to hear about your radio show being canceled but good to hear that you and yours are OK. We'll look forward to your company at Cubarama 2005 so make your reservations at the Madison Inn NOW and you won't get stuck at the Longhorn again. Unless they mess up the reservation.

Welcome back,

Lurker Carl

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:07 am

Hello Country,

WELCOME BACK :!: :!:

You have got a lot of "required reading" to catch-up on since your last post. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I know I speak for a number of people when I say your contribution to and presence on this board have been missed. I can imagine you have amassed a barrel full of stories that are dying to be told.

Great to have you back :!:
Last edited by Cub-Bud on Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:11 am

:D Glad to here from you again Country, Was wondering what had happened to ya, See the pics of your cubs from time to time on opening page and wonder were you are" Now I remember: Oldtimers"" Hee hea. Glad to have ya back "Jack" :wink:

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

THANK YOU ONE & ALL

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:18 am

Well, it's REALLY VERY GRATIFYING to have such a number of "instant welcome backs" from you guys! One thing that I forgot to mention was our "New Aquisition". As part of my stint with Horne Radio Network, I did an "Oldies Show" under a different name..."Larry Hall, in the Hall Of Oldies"...Mon. through Fri. from 10 a.m. till 3 p.m.

The show did very well, and Carol & I decided (because I was doing so many "live remotes" with street rod & antique car clubs) that we'd get in on tthe fun too! Sooo, we bought a 1930 Ford Model A 2 door coupe. Its got a 350 bored out Chevy with an Edelbrock 500 CFM 4 barrel carb...a corvette automatic tranny, and a 9 inch Ford rear end. We call it "Papaw's Toy...Plum Crazy". It also came complete with a 2 wheel beverage trailer that tows along behind for added storage.

So we have been doing lots of street rod and car shows this year. I had to sell my Farmall M to make room in my garage for Plum Crazy, but I still have my Cub & the Cub Cadet, the hit & miss Economy with corn shellers & feed grinders....so, I still have a lot of tractor/ farm stuff to play with!

If I can ever learn how to ppost photos on this (still new to me) site...I'll upload so of the street rod!

THANKS Guys !
'Country'

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:12 am

Country
:) Good to see you are going to get to fellowship with us Knuckel busters
again . :lol:
I got that disk all cleaned up for you . 8)

Ralph IN KY.
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:15 am

Good Morning Country,

See if this link will get you on the right track to posting photos. HPPHOTO went away several months ago and we were without a host site for pictures until our friend Bigdog provided us with this link. I hope it helps you.

http://www.picturetrail.com/

Say, did you get to enjoy some proper possum fare yesterday :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:06 am

Country! Welcome back! You gonna pull that cub trailer with the Model A?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Garvin Gatewood
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garvin Gatewood » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:52 am

Country, we are so glad to see you back. I was just thinking about you a few days ago and mentioned you to my wife. We missed you at the Cub-a rama. Looking forward to seeing you again. Garvin
Eight Cubs-finally got a '57.

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:04 am

:) Welcome back "Country" I just sent some friends back to our old home state of New Jersey. Did you ever try making any apple jack from that recipe I gave you? I was worried! I thought maybe you had and that's why we hadn't heard from you for so long!
Always try the easiest thing first.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

HEY GUYS...GOOD TO GET SO MANY NICE REPLYS!!!

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:38 pm

Let's see...Where to begin!!! Well, "Smoked Possum" was the dish of the day yesterday! With sooo many BIG pick up trucks on our Tennessee back roads...the supply of Thanksgivin' Possum (all in one piece and not pressed into the gravel) is rare indeed!

But, as luck would have it, the Thanksgivin' Day 5 Minute Rule applied as I saw a neighborhood youngin' do a head squash on a FRESH possum with his over-sized YOKOHAMA truck tires on his 03' DODGE 3500 HEMI pick up.

Well, he never saw the little guy...so I scooped him up with a gunny sack (that I keep in the back of Merc. Mountaineer for just such occasions) and took him home. Washed him up and skinned him, gutted him and smoked him on the ole Lure Jennsen cold smoker for 3 1/2 hours (using apple chips). Then finished him off on the Weber 3 burner gas grill...AND YUMMMY!!!

Candied sweat potatoes and a light garnish of fresh picked parsley...wash it down with 2 fingers of Maker's Mark and apple cider on crushed ice...and you've got a Hillbilly Thanksgivin' Day Treat!!!

Say BIG DOG...How many MORE Cubs have you "talked" Merlin out of in my absence? (No you can't pull a two-axel trailer loaded with a Cub & Cub Cadet with a Model A Street Rod...IT GOES TOO FAST for me to handle that setup!

RALPH...The Discs look FAB! Nice to see your usin' that BIG metel barn of yours on a regular basis!

YES...The apple jack rescipe works GREAT! Down to my very last jug (hope it gets me through Christmas...but with neighbors stoppin' by..you know how it is).

TALK AT YA SOON GUYS!
'Country'

farmallplowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby farmallplowboy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:21 pm

Country good to here from you. i am going to try to go to the Red Power Roundup in Lebanon Tenn.hope to see you there. farmallplowboy

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

RED POWER ROUNDUP

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:53 am

I hope to go to the RED POWER ROUNDUP IN LEBANON TOO...What are the dates again? (if I don't write it on the calendar..it doesn't get done). Carol & I have our FIRST Christmas Parade today. We're taking the Model A street rod (we can both ride in that). It seems like yesterday was the Fourth of July...How did Christmas come in before Labor Day????

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:59 am

July 21, 22, & 23. I plan on being there with my '45 B Farmall. My dad is planning on going, too, and taking one of his cubs. 8)

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”