WHERE'S THE SNOW?

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:19 pm

I'm all ready now. I can plow snow and go for a carousel ride at the same time.

Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:29 pm

Need an organ grinder on the right fender, then you'd have it made!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:33 pm

John
That looks perty neat .
I tried to buy one and missed it by 2hrs.
I got one of those covers on my golf cart or should I say on the wife's (connie) Golf cart she drives it almost all winter .

Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:52 am

The cover is a splicers umbrella and side panels I bought off Eay. It's not great, but works. I've been trying to find a heat hauser type cover, but no luck so far. I too have a similar cover on my golf cart and drive it from Middle of March to first of December, at which time I store it in Mom's barn. The rest of the time I run the daylights out of it.

Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:15 pm

John *.?-!.*,

Neat John, really neat. Got ya one of those little electric heaters too? :lol:

John Niekamp

Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:15 am

John,

We got lots of snow here now in North Ontare-i-o.
I'll be moving about 8" to 10" off my driveway this afternoon. I should talk to my buddy from from Bell Canada and see if he can get me one of those umbreller cabs.

Side covers for umbrella

Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:32 am

John,

What did you search for on ebay for the side covers? Or, where else could I look for them. Thanks,

Mike

Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:14 pm

do a search for splicer's umbrella on Ebay or internet. they are accessories for it. If you have to buy them from a supply company such as Greabar Electric, they ain't cheap. About $120 for umbrella, and $150 for side panels. It doesn't show in the picture, but there is a plate with pipe welded to it that bolts the the final drive On top of the rear rockshaft mount to hold the wooden rod for the umbrella.

Thanks John

Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:33 pm

John,

Thanks for the info re: umbrella and side panels

Mike

Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:38 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote: If you have to buy them from a supply company such as Greabar Electric,
Should have said "Greybar Electric".

Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:19 pm

Hey John,

We all know that Telephone people can't spell, what with all the acronymns; ospe, ctap, afig, btac, ospcm, bdr, cbc, rda, etc.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:59 am

Several years ago GTE spent several thousand dollars publishing a company wide acronym directory. The problem was that GTE was so uncoordinated internally that each department had to have their own section of the manual due to reusing the same abbreviatons but with different meanings. The final results were 3 volumes totaling over 6 inches thick. What a joke. Image

Hey John,

Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:27 am

Graybar is down this way. Small world that you use someone that close to "home".

I've used them in the past for network cables.

Rick

Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:41 pm

I believe thay have operations in several major cities. The one I have dealt with is in St. Louis, Mo. aobut 80 miles away.