This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Easy Rear Wheel Weights

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:40 pm

Hey Donny,

You read my post of months ago, I just know it! I use a 12" piece of 1/2" all-tread and put a nut on both sides of the wheel center and then I use
a fulcrum to lift the weight up with my right foot while tilting the weight out at the top just enough to put it onto the 1/2" stud. The I put the two horizontal wheel weight bolts in first and just start the nuts enough to hold and then remove the all-thread rod. There is just enough wiggle room to get the inside nut off and it will fall out from behind the weight. Next put the top and bottom weight bolts in and tighten all.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:00 pm

Russ, if you turn the wheel so the log bolt is at the very top the final drive will keep it from sliding out more than a couple inches, and you can foget the inner nut. Back when I was young, strong, and foolish, I used to put a long bolt in and turn it to the top so the bolt couldn't slide out. Then I just picked the weight up and slid it over the bolt and ran a nut on to hold it while I put the others in. Now that I've gotten older I'm paying the price for doing things like that.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:49 am

I suspect Mr. GW has "been there, done that", on many things us newbies are discovering for ourselves. 8) 8) .

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:35 pm

Jeff M worte:
Not to pop your balloon, Donny, but that's the method "Mr GW" related to me sometime last year.

That doesn't pop my bubble it just makes my head a little bigger :!: :!:

I always thought Mr. GW used a floor jack :?:

HR,
Yes I need a new front end for the Head Less Thompson Gunner :lol: Some one made it very narrow with a torch :cry:

Russ,
I swear :!: I never read your post :!: :!: I didn't use any all-thread. All-thread is only used to hang uni-strut...isn't it :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:35 pm

And pipe hangers and cradles.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”