This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

billieandmillie

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

billieandmillie

Postby SundaySailor » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:48 am

Saw your three point rig on your cub in the other post. Could you be so kind to tell us more about it, and give us some more close up shots so we can see the attachment points on the tractor? Looks to have the bottom attachment points on/near the drawbar, but the photo isn't at the right angle nor is it close enough to see clearly. Same for the top of the rig. I know I'd appreciate it a whole bunch, and I'm sure the rest of the members would too! I am eaten up with jealousy! Great job!

Rick :mrgreen:
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:22 am

Amen, Amen.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:41 am

I have the componets of a three point hitch laying in my "junk" pile. I've been told that there's not much out there in the line of 3 point implements that the cub can use. Catagory 0 I believe. I've only seen a disc in that catagory, maybe a brush mower, if I remember.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:33 pm

All I can say about the cub is that it's under-estimated on what it can do. I have either made or bought alot of attachments from Tractor Supply and Yoder & Frey and the cub has no problem with them. A 5' landscape box, a landscape rake, a back blade, an "A" frame lift poll, the cable digger/sod cutter and probably any other attachment made that's under 400 lbs. The landscape box is the heaviest at 360 and it has no problem lifting it. I also have a 1200 lb roller for the moles that a couple neighbors borrow from time to time. I bought the hitch bar and install that on the 3 point and I can back up and lower the ball under my trailer tongue and then lift and off I go to where ever I want to move the trailer to without getting off the tractor. I'll try to take some more pics later. Thanks

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:07 pm

I have a good project for you. Design a carry-all that will work with a standard hitch cub (not single point) and be reasonably easy to remove and install.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

farmboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

standard hitch carry-all

Postby farmboy » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:52 am

John,
I have a standard hitch carry-all for a Cub that was made by the Pittsburgh company. There is a picture of one on TM's site in the brochure section. If I can easily dig it out of the barn, I will get some photo's.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:27 am

Farmboy, thanks for the pic information on TM's site. Okay John, when you say standard hitch, do you mean having something that attaches dirrectly to the "u" shaped hitch and is solid(doesn't move)? The pic on TM's site lifts up and down it seems and the hitch is removed. I think you want something that quickly fastens on the hitch and can be removed in seconds for the shows.Fairly light weight, but could handle a bunch of chairs, coolers, etc. Am I right?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:07 am

My interests are more utilitarian than going to shows. I want something for hauling wood, moving barrels, etc. I've been kicking ideas around for quite sometime, but never came up with anything I liked well enough to try to build. I do want one that can be raised and lowered. It could either be attached to the drawbar, or attached to the final drives. Farmboys carrier looks about like whant I need.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”