This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 point hitch...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Disc Plow

Postby Not Mini Acres » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:03 am

Ernest L. Wagner wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Here is a picture of a smaller version on my cub. The ones for the H had 2 disks and the one on an M had 3 disks, and the disks were at least twice as big. Very interesting to install. As Jim said, blocing it up properly when you disconnected was very important.

You can see more pictures of it at http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/disk%20plow/

Holy Cow, can that little Cub pull that! I have seen pictures of one with two disc., but, they weren't on the tractor and I thought they were a lot smaller. Is this monster a fast hitch? If so, I was going to try to find one but think maybe not now.lol. Thanks for your help! Ernie

Was in shock, I guess, I see that it isn't a fast hitch. I thought I saw a fast hitch disc plow for sale somewhere though. Are they smaller? Thanks again. Ernie

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:32 am

Here is my Slow Hitch disk plow showing how long it takes to mount.
Young man for work, old man for advice

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: My Dos Pesos.....

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:49 am

Ernest L. Wagner wrote:Hey, look at the quality of TSC products, my Daddy always said "You get what you pay for!" These might be OK on a ten hp Cub but I think a Cub could even tear them up. Fast Hitch equip. has been around 57 years and your TSC will be getting melted down for a better beer can in five -ten yrs. The better mouse trap,well, that's where it belongs; on a mouse .somewhere.

Well, the scrape blades I've found at TSC are made by KingCutter, a USA company located in Alabama. Good old US steel. Good US technology, etc. I would think they'd last for a decent amount of time, and from what I've seen, the metal, paint and welds are good too. Now then, the better mouse trap means a better idea. As in, taking an old idea and making it better. That's what BillyandMillie has done. I've seen and have some of his work - Class A work to say the least! If you might have a need for a ball-bearing mousetrap, I'm sure there's plenty of Gents and Gentesses around here that have male kittens/cats they'll be more than glad to give you for free! :) 8) (A little Southern Wit and Humor there).

Me? I'm anxiously waiting for my 3 pt hitch. I'm sure it will be high quality, and easy to use.

Rick
Last edited by SundaySailor on Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:23 pm

BillyandMillie
I'm curious what you plan to do once these guy's get the 3pt's you are making for them?

I say this because you know (at least they BETTER) they will post photo's and rave about how much they like them and how good the quality is.

So I'm curious what you are going to do when you start recieving inquire after inquire about how we can all get your 3pt :?:

One last thing... ummm if the first thing you do is a "List", put me at the top :wink:

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: My Dos Pesos.....

Postby Not Mini Acres » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:15 pm

SundaySailor wrote:
Ernest L. Wagner wrote:Hey, look at the quality of TSC products, my Daddy always said "You get what you pay for!" These might be OK on a ten hp Cub but I think a Cub could even tear them up. Fast Hitch equip. has been around 57 years and your TSC will be getting melted down for a better beer can in five -ten yrs. The better mouse trap,well, that's where it belongs; on a mouse .somewhere.

Well, the scrape blades I've found at TSC are made by KingCutter, a USA company located in Alabama. Good old US steel. Good US technology, etc. I would think they'd last for a decent amount of time, and from what I've seen, the metal, paint and welds are good too. Now then, the better mouse trap means a better idea. As in, taking an old idea and making it better. That's what BillyandMillie has done. I've seen and have some of his work - Class A work to say the least! If you might have a need for a ball-bearing mousetrap, I'm sure there's plenty of Gents and Gentesses around here that have male kittens/cats they'll be more than glad to give you for free! :) 8) (A little Southern Wit and Humor there).

Me? I'm anxiously waiting for my 3 pt hitch. I'm sure it will be high quality, and easy to use.

Rick

I think everyone is misunderstanding me. The 3pt. is an excellent piece of equip, but it can't compare to the fast hitch on a Farmall Cub. I am not talking about any other tractor Farmall made, just the Cub. Like I said it's all what you like. Me , I like original equip and do believe my fast hitch is superiour to the 3 pt on a Cub. Didn't know King Kutter made TSC. King Kutter is a cheap and good piece of machinery, sometimes half the price of Brand name, no arguement there. I've owned all the other hitches and I guess , since I am in bad health, that's why I am sticking with the fast hitch. I like all the others, they all have there ups and downs, just as we do ourselves. If that was Billyand Millies work I saw on here, then the man belongs in the Smithonion Musuem, He's GREAT! He should go down in History for his abilities to CREATE anything! Makes me think of my Daddy, he was like that, could do anything.
Well enough said and God Bless all!
Love my Cubs, a 1951 Regular and a 1957 LoBoy. Got most the impliments,missing a couple but still looking. Have a lot of Tractor Buddies and getting more!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:06 pm

Ernest L. Wagner wrote:[Was in shock, I guess, I see that it isn't a fast hitch. I thought I saw a fast hitch disc plow for sale somewhere though. Are they smaller? Thanks again. Ernie
Definitley not a fast hitch. The disk plow for a hast hitch is belly mount. It has hand wheels with brackets that clamp it to the fast hitch frame, it doesn't use the point. When I am real lucky I can mount that one in about 30 minutes. Did it once in the dark with no flashlight. That was a challenge. When I bought that one I had to take it apart and lift it over a fence into the back of a 4 wheel drive pickup. Maybe doing things like that is why I now have health problems. That plow looks huge, and first thoughts on seeing one is that there is no way a cub could pull it, but they actually pull easier than a molboard plow. I had that one at the first Cubarama, and am considering bringing it to the next one, but would like to get it painted first.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Not Mini Acres » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:12 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
Ernest L. Wagner wrote:[Was in shock, I guess, I see that it isn't a fast hitch. I thought I saw a fast hitch disc plow for sale somewhere though. Are they smaller? Thanks again. Ernie
Definitley not a fast hitch. The disk plow for a hast hitch is belly mount. It has hand wheels with brackets that clamp it to the fast hitch frame, it doesn't use the point. When I am real lucky I can mount that one in about 30 minutes. Did it once in the dark with no flashlight. That was a challenge. When I bought that one I had to take it apart and lift it over a fence into the back of a 4 wheel drive pickup. Maybe doing things like that is why I now have health problems. That plow looks huge, and first thoughts on seeing one is that there is no way a cub could pull it, but they actually pull easier than a molboard plow. I had that one at the first Cubarama, and am considering bringing it to the next one, but would like to get it painted first.

It would look real nice painted up. I'm confused about the fast hitch one. Don't understand how it hooks up to the fasthitch, if its under the belly. Got any pictures of one? Take care of that back breaker you got there, they are probably pretty rare! Have a good one, Ernie
Love my Cubs, a 1951 Regular and a 1957 LoBoy. Got most the impliments,missing a couple but still looking. Have a lot of Tractor Buddies and getting more!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:30 pm

The fast hitch disk plow has a loop at the rear of plow that clamps to the fast hitch frame under the tractor. Here is a picture from JP Tractors website, but it's a little hard to see.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:32 pm

Well, it's not on a fast hitch cub but......

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:36 pm

Thanks BD. Earnest, the fast hitch plow mounts in the same position, but where the one BD posted has a frame that attaches to the final drives, the one for fast hitch attaches to the fast hitch frame under the floor boards.

yaume
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby yaume » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:42 am

pardon me for bringing back this old debate...

what makes the 3pts hitch superior is not the speed of the hitching, but the mass report and the "roll over" security. (wich is different from the draft control)
after all this is the way it was designed for.
this link explain this better than I.
http://users.netlink.com.au/~fergy/draftcont.html

Anyway, fast hitch has never been exported to Europe. what makes the choice a little simpler.
what makes my cub very rare is that it's the only one I've ever owned.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Its on the way

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:21 am

Ernest L. Wagner its on the way and I can hardly wait to pry my 3-point implements into place trying to get them hitched up.

Young man for work, old man for advice

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:30 pm

Well this has been a very very lengthy thread but I'm emplied to put in my 2 cents worth also as I'm probably one of the few persons around that has not one but 2 aftermarket 3pts.- one one the Cub and one on the H. Now I wouldn't touch the FH vs 3Pt arguement with a 10ft pole. Here is what the 3pt. mod does for me. It alows use of all my common emplements by both tractors, you can use all the modern more ultity bases emplements Like boom poles and fork lift attachments and the one thing that nobody has mentioned here yet is pitch control. The 3pt adapts itself well to ptich control especially if you have a power top link. Its like getting power steering- you wouldn't of taking it off once you have it. If all you do is pure farming chores then FH may be worth your while but if you use your tractor for a lot of utility chores then it is hard to beat 3pt.

Roger Tate
10+ Years
10+ Years

What'd he say?

Postby Roger Tate » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:28 pm

I have no idea what you guys are talking about....but it sure makes for interesting reading. Ya'll have me convinced I need one of everything!! I'm sure my lovely wife will agree.......roger

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fast itch

Postby sviennadan » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:57 pm

Well, I bought a scoop bucket, and that's the only thing I wanted a 3 point for. I have all the other implements for the 1-point that I need. My Cub is a working Cub, I plow, disc, mow, pull fence, push snow, etc with it. The only other implements I would like to have for it are a box scraper for cleaning the manure out of the barns, and a hay rake. I have literature on a hay rake that was specifically made for the Fasrmall 1-point by a company out of Marietta, Georgia, called Ford McCleskey Mfg., but I have never seen them advertised in any classifieds , nor talked about in this Forum. There's my two cents worth. Therefore, I'm still interested in BillieandMillie's solution, but I want to keep my 1-point intact for all of my other chores.........

Return to “Farmall Cub”