This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 point hitch...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

3 point hitch...

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:20 am

Gents and gentesses....Since the great topic of a 3 point hitch has surfaced again for the great Farmall cub, I've started checking into possible sources for a conversion kit that I consider reasonable. (I'm cheap and I know it). I'm checking with a distributor about an hour and a half from where I live about this project. If anyone is interested, post here or let me know, and I'll be more than glad to pass on info I have. The one biggie that I'm waiting on (with pins and needles) hasn't called me back just yet, but there is some promise to this project. I'll let you know the results on that one.

Cheers,

Rick :D
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

Welllllll....

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:48 pm

:P oh that! They wanted $675 for the 3 pt conversion kit. Seems to me that if you could get past the bracket connecting to the rocker shaft, that the rest would be much less expensive. I have the standard rear rocker shaft with a "T" bar mounted to it. (Don't know what that is called, so forgive me). Anywho, there must be a way to come up with something that will be an easy conversion. Sure wish I knew how to weld and had the equipment to do it with. I'll keep on trying though.

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ok guyz....

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:29 pm

Jim and others, do you have links to 3 point hitch manufacturers for cubs? My searches aren't giving up much of anything. I do have a link for worksavers.com, but there must be more than that. Any help?

Rick :?

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:20 pm

The market for such a hitch is pretty small. I'd be surprised if anyone else makes them. Saginaw is the only other 3pt conversion manufacturer I know of, they're just as expensive, if not more so, and they don't make hitches for Cubs.

You either pay the long buck, or you build one yourself and it comes out looking like a complete hack job.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:34 pm

I could make a few up like mine if you guys are interested. I don't know if Tractor Supply is nationwide, but I bought the blue adjusters, the top adjusting link, all the pins and clips, all the bolts,nuts, washers,etc. I can take all the measurements and get a total list of materials and you can tackle it yourself or I can make the hard stuff and send it to you. It would be alot easier if your cub does not have a mower. You have to jump up and over the pto pulley if it does. Let me know, Rick

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Now you know....

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:40 am

This is why this is the best web site anywhere around. BillieandMillie, I'd like to strike up a bargain with you if I might. I'll e-mail you off site and see what we can get going. Having a 3 point hitch on a cub can make things very interesting and quite functional. This will make my cub more universal, and easier to find things to work with.

Thanks so much!

Rick :D :) 8)

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:44 pm

I would be interested in a materials list. You make some good stuff, and I know if I follow your plans it won't come out looking like a hack job.

My plan is to add a 3pt that's run of an independent hydraulic cylinder, not off the Touch Control. That way I can have the mower and a 3pt for other things.

Terry Mueller
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Terry Mueller » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:49 am

I could make a few up like mine if you guys are interested. I don't know if Tractor Supply is nationwide, but I bought the blue adjusters, the top adjusting link, all the pins and clips, all the bolts,nuts, washers,etc. I can take all the measurements and get a total list of materials and you can tackle it yourself or I can make the hard stuff and send it to you. It would be alot easier if your cub does not have a mower. You have to jump up and over the pto pulley if it does. Let me know, Rick

Rick, I'd sure be interested/appreciative. I've got a mower, which I'd like to keep in place. Shoot me a quote.

While yer at it, how about a scraper plate to attach to the front of my mover...sort of a poor man's grader?javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing
1962 Cub Lo-Boy

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

3 pointer

Postby sviennadan » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:38 pm

I'd like a copy of the bill of materials as well. Plenty of TSCs in this neck of the woods, and I've been trying to figure out which parts I would need. Also, any drawings or photos of the parts you had to fabricate would be appreciated.

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

3 point hitch

Postby Not Mini Acres » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

I have a three point hitch on my 8N Ford (of course you know that,duh) but why would you want a threepoint on a Cub? I have a 1951 Farmall Cub with a fast hitch, and I think that is the best hitch you could ever want. Back into your equipment and forget it. I have to always fight my three point, never completely lines up with the tractor. My Cub just backs up , clicks in and I'm ready to go. To take off, pull the chain and go. And that's orginal equipment for the Cub, which I like to keep it, ORIGINAL. Think it over guys, You can't beat original! Thanks for hearing my side and hope I didn't make anyone hate me. Just my view , as I said , and again Thanks!

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:03 am

But lots of us don't have a one point. And they would cost $$$$ to buy and who has one for sale and how far away did you say it was. Then the freight. Now us who don't have a fast hitch don't have any fast hitch implements. And they are next to impossible to find around here. And lowers the clearance when cultivating. You need to buy a Cub with fast hitch and hope it has the implements with it you want. 3 point cat 1 implements are everywhere. And not as much $$$ in the small size the Cub could lift. Heck I don't need a 3 point. I don't even need a Cub. I did not need that bass boat either or that travel trailer.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

3 pt. had to laugh!

Postby Not Mini Acres » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:38 am

Jim Hudson wrote:But lots of us don't have a one point. And they would cost $$$$ to buy and who has one for sale and how far away did you say it was. Then the freight. Now us who don't have a fast hitch don't have any fast hitch implements. And they are next to impossible to find around here. And lowers the clearance when cultivating. You need to buy a Cub with fast hitch and hope it has the implements with it you want. 3 point cat 1 implements are everywhere. And not as much $$$ in the small size the Cub could lift. Heck I don't need a 3 point. I don't even need a Cub. I did not need that bass boat either or that travel trailer.

This really made me lol! What they want for new 3 pt. in the small stuff is out ragous price wise! Advertise and get one point. There's always someone with Cub attachments for sale. Just let them know you want them. These old boys will treat you right, if they are Cub lovers.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:41 am

Hey Ernest...I'm in your corner on this one! Seems to me that you guys would spend your time BETTER on fabricating plans for an affordable "Fast Hitch"...just like the originals. There's plenty of attachments out there that are Cub fast hitch attachments...AND, those that are not could be adapted to fit a fast hitch!

I'll even bet your materials list would be a lot smaller AND less expensive!
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:24 am

Go look at the new tractor's. Fast hitch lost out. 3 point won.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:40 am

Just my two cents, but I wouldn't even begin to try and duplicate the fast hitch because of all the cast parts that were on it. If each part was not an exact duplicate of the original, then we have the question of "where do we draw the line", on original? I'm with Jim, fast hitch impliments cost more than the tractor, if you get a collection of them to make it worth your effort. Then you have all that metal behind the tractor for just that one rectangle hole. I pull the lift arms and adjusters off my 3 point(in about 5 seconds) and there's nothing back there in the way of anything. This is exactly why everyone needs more than one cub. You can have one all original and one to use how you wish. Then Everyone's happy, 75% of the time. My next cub project will be all original to make up for "Harley". I made alot of people angry over that project, Sorry.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Return to “Farmall Cub”