exhaust manifold question

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

exhaust manifold question

Postby mmann » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:16 pm

I am going to buy a used intake/exhaust manifold for my '51 Cub and it has the old style verticle thru hood exhaust system.

My question is simple: do I l need to buy a manifold for the verticle muffler or can I adapt the underslung maniflold with the 90 degree elbow to work with my new exhaust pipe for my new verticle system? :?:

There is no substitue for good marksmanship.
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Prospect, Kentucky

Postby Bigdog » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:25 pm

Just remove the elbow from the manifold. If it's been there a long time, that might not be as easy as it sounds. You can then replace it with a straight 1" I.D. sched 40 pipe about 17 - 18" long. Protect that elbow though. New ones list at about $80 - $90.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

User avatar
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 23820
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:50 pm
Location: OH, Stoutsville
Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Return to Farmall Cub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests