Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:56 am
I put on a Cub54 Grader blade on my 1949 Cub recently (front mount) and also put on some new skid shoes for it. I'm sure it will plow or push snow alright but the problem is, raised all the way up, the blade is only 2 or 3 inches off the ground. The blade drags the ground going into the garage and is kind if limiting my non-snow "tractorin"
Do any of you other folks see about the same thing?
Any ideas about how to raise it higher?
My setup is exactly the same as this one from over at TM parts.
I appreciate the help. Its good to know we have a place to ask other like minded folks to share their experience.
Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:07 am
Do you have the bell cranck extension in the second picture? Also have you checked your hydralic for full travel and having plenty of fluid.
Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:53 am
The touch control hasn't leaked any and seems to easily raide my Woods mower way up and set it right down and also will hold mower up indefinitely. The flat piece your referred to is just like the one I have, the long cylindrical pin with the 2 90 degree angles that dows the lifting looks like mine too. Looks like if it was about 4 inches longer it would do much better!
Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:58 am
If you look on this page:http://www.tm-tractor.com/gb/gb_001.htm
the first to pics of bellcrank assemblies.
I have the standard and not the boomerang type.
Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:09 pm
Dave I'm in the process of putting a cub-54 grader blade on. Tomorrow "Tuesday" I will check out how high it lifts, and let you know. Looks like I have the same set-up as you do. Last year I used this blade, but used the boomerang type adaptor this year I have the standard set -up. I have one more wheel weight to install tomorrow and will start her up. Mike
Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:58 am
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I posted a thread, but there didn't seem to be anyone who knew what the problem was. So I went out and got me a piece of 6"x12" - 1/4" steel plate, and made a bracket up to extend the lift.
I drilled holes to bolt the plate onto the rockshaft. Then I set the lift handle to the all the way down position (mine is manual, not TC). Then I hooked the bellcrank extention to the top pin of the rockshaft while the blade was sitting flat on the ground. Then I marked where the second bellcrank hole lined up on the steel plate, and drilled a hole there. I bolted it up, and then I got full movement of the blade along the movement of the lift lever. Now it goes probably 7 inches up, or so. I still cant figure out why it doesn't lift up otherwise? Mine would only go up about 1 inch before. It seems most of my movement would be downward, helpful for deep grading, but not for snowplowing.
Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:19 am
First of all check all your pivot points on the blade and make sure they are not loose. Mine were wobbled out so I took a drill and went to the next size pin and drilled them out. I also took the front mount with the spring and drilled a hole lower so it could pick it up a few more inches.
I then did not like the 5/8 threaded rod that the blade pivoted on so I replaced it with and yes had to drill out the pivot blocks but I used a 3/4" TG&P shafting I had from work and I use split lock collars to lock it down.
My blade raises about 10"-12" now and it really made a difference.
Just check all your joints if each one wiggles a little it will add up to a lot in the end.
Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:13 pm
I completed installing the blade on the cub today, The blade lifts 10". I have the same set-up as shown on th TM tractor web site. If possible checkout how far the touch control arms move from one stop to another.
Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:33 am
Thanks for the good tips everyone, I'll be looking at it some more this weekend.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.