New E-Mail Change

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi, I"m trying to change my email address but not sure how. I went to my profile and put it in a space that said (jabber) but don't know what all that means. My new email is gjhelmo@frontier.com. Any help would be helpful. I don't get a chance to get on the board much. Was trying to get ahold of rickyracer sent him a private message but don't know if it went. I was wondering if he had a phone # that I could call him or he call me. Mine is 1-304-564-4269 (home) 1-304-374-1203 (cell) Thanks Greg

Re: New E-Mail Change

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:13 pm

go to User Control Panel (near top of page on left), click on Profile, then select Edit Account Settings.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:20 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:go to User Control Panel (near top of page on left), click on Profile, then select Edit Account Settings.

John,
I was all set to send a message like yours. But when I try to change my email address, it will not allow it, even if I put in my current password at the bottom as the instructions state.

Did it actually work for you?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:22 pm

I tried but it has my old email if i try to highlight it to change it it doesn,t do anything

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Nope!!! I can't change it. I'm a village idiot when it comes to this computer stuff anyway.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Well I gotta go do some errands, so I'll check back in a little bit. Thanks to everybody and anybody for your help. Greg

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Mr E wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:go to User Control Panel (near top of page on left), click on Profile, then select Edit Account Settings.

But when I try to change my email address, it will not allow it, even if I put in my current password at the bottom as the instructions state.

Worked fine for me. Did you follow all the instructions, including entering your new email address a second time?
Confirm e-mail address:
You only need to specify this if you are changing your e-mail address.

After it takes your input, it will log you out and send you a message (at the new address) that includes a link you need to click on to reactivate your account. After you do that, log back in and you are back in business.

It is kind of involved but is needed to make sure people provide a legitimate email address. The instructions are there, you just need to follow them all.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Jim,
I though I was pretty good at following directions, but maybe not. :mrgreen:

I never see an input capable area to put the new email address. See below:

ChgAddr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Roy, that's the same thing I see.

I guess we were both thinking the same thing only you were faster. :D

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Folks, with the recent activity regarding attacks our member accounts, I restricted email address changes (this is the one that can and will lock you out of your account).

Please email your requested changes directly to me for processing.

Include the following information:

Your login ID
Your old email address
Your new email address

I'll make the changes as quickly as possible.

Please accept my apologies for this temporary inconvenience,
Dennis

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Ah, Thanks Dennis. I knew I was following those directions to the best of my ability. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mr E on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 pm

THANKS Dennis for keeping "us" safe. :D

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Email address changes are infrequent, and I can usually get these done quickly when I get a request.

Thanks!
Dennis

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks Dennis, Your the Guru ;0) Greg