Road trip

Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:57 pm

Going to take a run down to alabama to get a 1-point mower tonight 8)
so all you boys down I-65 way turn your cub anti radar deflectors on :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:33 am

Safe tri[p Ralph. Up here y'll have to have the heater on.

Bill

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:12 pm

just got back in the barn yard 900 mile round trip picked up the 1-point mower needs alittle work but it ain't no biggeee.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:26 pm

Ralph: What brand is the mower? I have never seen that type before. Dan

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:28 pm

It ia a danco and I am going to have to find a pto shaft for it the one on it is bent.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:32 pm

Many farm country welding/machine shops can cut off the bent shaft and weld a new one on if the universla joints are good.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:17 pm

I can do that John tractor supply has some slip shafts that I think I can cut and weld the ends on .
I need the splined end with the universal joint the one that is on it is badly worn. It fits the PTO verry loose.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:42 pm

Is there any speed reduction Ralph? That looks like a mighty big pulley on the output of the pto. What are the daimaters of the driving and driven pulleys? Nosey Yes but the only bad Question is the one you think of but don't ask.

Bill

Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:29 pm

Bill
I don't know for shure yet I just unloaded it and hung it on the fast hitch so i could see it turn .
I dont't think there is any reduction as the upper pulley looks to be the same size as the pulley on the deck spindle.
Thid mower was for a lo-boy so I am going to have to take the fast hitch spike off and exrend it forward to move the mower back. Because as it is it wont go all the way in the hitch reciever the mower body hits the tires.
This is another example of lo-boy verses std cub fast hitch implements.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:13 pm

Thanks Ralph.

bill