SIX-VOLT BULBS FOR HEADLIGHT

Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:40 pm

I received a call today from a fellow who is restoring a cub. He is ready to purchase six volt bulbs for the headlights but was quoted a price of $90 from the only source which he is aware of. I remember that someone identified a company which could provide them at a reasonable price but my search did not provide any information. Can someone help locate a cheaper source. Thanks, Dan

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:06 pm

Dan - are you talking about sealed beam headlamps or the 1133 bulbs?

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:20 pm

If 1133's, they can be bought at NAPA for $3.00.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:16 pm

B.D. Sorry about the delay. His tractor has sealed beam headlights. He will appreciate info from any forum member who knows of a source which can supply them for less than $90.00 per light. Dan

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:47 pm

You sure he was quoted $90 each, not for all three? OEM has the bulbs for $36.50 each.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:11 pm

OEM's bulbs are okay & definately worth the money if they are a quality product, but nowhere near correct in appearance.. If the $90/ea is for NOS IH bulbs I can see that, although I never sold any for that price :( .... I can remember being at an auction about 7 or 8 years ago where 2 cases of NOS bulbs sold for approx $125-150 per bulb.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:44 pm

I paid $8.00 a piece for mine from the local TISCO dealer, that included shipping!

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:05 pm

farmallcub49: Were the ones which you got for eight bucks each sealed beam? Also, did you find that the quality was satisfactory. I plan to call him soon and relay the information which I have received. Jim: I am not familiar with OEM. Can that company be reached on-line? Thanks, Dan

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:46 pm

They are GE and worked great for me. I am a good friend of the TISCO dealer, so that is why I got the price I did. I maybe able to get them from him again, if your friend will get the shipping.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:02 pm

Dan England wrote:farmallcub49: Were the ones which you got for eight bucks each sealed beam? Also, did you find that the quality was satisfactory. I plan to call him soon and relay the information which I have received. Jim: I am not familiar with OEM. Can that company be reached on-line? Thanks, Dan

Dan they are at http://www.oemtractorparts.com

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:22 pm

I have just talked with Pete, the fellow who is restoring the Cub, and suggested that he read the items on this thread. He was not aware of this forum and I think that he may wish to visit from time to time after he gets the info he wants on the headlights. Thanks for your help. Dan

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:26 pm

Dan,
OEM can be found at http://www.oemtractorparts.com/

Farmallcub49,
Did you get sealed beams with 2 screw lugs on the back or the ones with a single centered screw lug? The 2 screw type are called PAR36 and are pretty common.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:36 pm

Pete: I didn't think to mention this to you when we talked but the Tisco Tractor site lists two dealers in Magnolia, Fallin Tractor and Langford Tractor. I haven't checked with Langford in a couple of years. I think he was pushing retirement age the last time I visited so I don't know if his business is still open. Farmallcub49 got a special price but you might find that Fallin or Langford, if they do handle Tisco parts, would be your cheapest source. Let me know if I can be of further help. Did your grandmother like the Cub? Dan

Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:22 am

Jim,

They are the two lug type.

I don't feel that I recieved a good price, because my buddy just bought some at NAPA for $7.95.

Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:33 am

Dan

I purchased two bulbs at NAPA. Thay were Wagner Sealed Beam Off Road Lighting the # is 4511. do not remember the price but were a good deal.