This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SIX-VOLT BULBS FOR HEADLIGHT

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:51 am

Anything around $8 is a pretty good price. Grainger is about $11 or more depending on voltage etc. By the way, they have 1133 bulbs for $2.89.

Of course, if you need a 12 volt, Northern Hydraulic has an entire lamp unit on sale for $7. It probably has a PAR36 bulb in it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:02 pm

The first thing on my to-do list for next week is to find replacements for the headlights on my 1955 Cub. It has the sealed beam, single center screw type. I hadn't looked into this yet, other than to find out that the wiring is good :) and the bulbs are bad :( . Am I going to find out these are the $90 type? If so, I may be doing all my snow plowing in the daylight for a while! Is there any other alternative for replacement lights? Merry Christmas one and all, and thanks for all the help and info this great forum provides.
Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:18 pm

Vern. On a previous string, I mentioned that I used Par36 #4511 sealed beams on my '55. They fit perfectly. However, they are two lug hookups. So I just added a wire to the second screw and attached it to ground. Works fine. The brand I purchased was "Phillips" but they are a standard type made by many...........
Ron

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:37 pm

You can try this site for info: http://www.brite-lite.com/Products/Sealbm2.html
Ron

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:54 pm

Ron, thanks for the help. The price I found on the link is something my wallet can handle! :) There are a couple of electric supply outfits near me that I will check with on Monday now that I know what to ask for. Merry Christmas, Ron! :D
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Return to “Farmall Cub”