This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

NE1 know....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

NE1 know....

Postby SundaySailor » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:29 am

The correct size of the bolt on the water goose neck that holds the generator bracket on? Need bolt size, and thread pattern. I snapped mine off yesterday trying to get to the belt adjustment areas. (Needed to replace the belts and performed an Uh, Oh). Tried to look it up in my books, but I can't seem to find that one bolt. The ones I've seen refer to the two holding the goose neck to the head.

Thanks Gents!

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:54 am

In parts catalog TC-37, page 46...the bolts are shown with the generator brace. The size is 5/16-18NCx3/4. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

Thanks Cub-bud

Postby SundaySailor » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:28 pm

I didn't even see that part. I looked under cooling and another place, and missed that. Will check it out.

Cheers,

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub-bud...

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:55 am

Thanks so much for the info! It has worked out very well even for such a novice as I am. I drilled the bad bolt with increasing diameter drill bits until I hit the 17/64" drill bit. After using that one, I retapped the hole and now am through with that part. I've had to drill and retap my screws holding the fan shroud on the radiator supports, but even that was easy compared to the goose neck. Shoot, I guess the old saying, "You can teach an old dog new tricks" does apply in my case. "Woof, woof!".

Rick :) 8)

Return to “Farmall Cub”