This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

First time plowing snow, it was not pretty

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:44 am

beaconlight wrote:I heat my snow shovels in the wood burning stove

I gather you don't have wood handles! :lol:
Ron

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:12 am

Ron You don't have to get them very hot to melt canning wax. When Bev makes Jelly she heats the wax in a pot that is in another pot filled with water. How hot is that? definately less than 212 degrees and we are near sea level.
Its the steel Blades that is the real trick. wouldn't have thought that any one would try to melt the shovel or put in a plastic bladed shovel. Us old geezers are too cheap to waste like that. If you were brought up in the depression you learned "just what it takes to do it right and no more than that". Also don't use all your flour to make bread today. Some will be stale later in the week, make fresh. Besides the oven heats the kitchen. None of this "Super Sizing" excess crap in Those Days.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Brian Piersol
10+ Years
10+ Years

slipping cub on 3" of snow= bad cub!!!

Postby Brian Piersol » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:06 pm

I push gobs of snow with my cub- no chains-
i think the trick is front and especially rear wheel weights
ag tire good tread- off ya go!! rsvp brian.piersol@fandm.edu

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:26 am

Hey guys who plow snow :lol: ...LUBRICONE (by Kano Labs...the KROIL guys) is a superior clear, dry, industrial silicone spray :D . Use it on snow shovels, snow plow blades...snow blower augers too! Available at (ALL TOGETHER NOW...www.kanolabs.com) :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

'60_Lo-Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby '60_Lo-Boy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:52 pm

what if... you took a few bars of soap to her? just rub the soap on the rusty blade.. and itll be nice and slippy :wink:
Aaron.

cublo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Snow tips

Postby cublo » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:41 pm

I am in Canton, CT and have been having fun plowing. Ag tires, chains and weights front and rear. If I have the blade angled, and snow starts to build up, I just jog the wheel to the side momentarily which seems to make the snow slide off. My blade is rusty, so the snow likes to stick to it. I am going to hit the blade with my big old wire wheel...it's a workout, it weighs a LOT. Then I'll wax it. Wire wheels leave an almost burnished finish, much more slippery than sanded steel. My most valuable tip I received as a newbie snow pusher? "Push it far enough off the driveway so you have room to push the next snowfalls off the drive." If I had left the first fall right at the edge of the driveway, I never would have been able to clear it the second time. I have a big 4' snowblower that was supposedly on a cub. I am going to paint it and put a motor on it this summer, and next year, I'll THROW it all away! (I hope). Hal in CT
Wish I had more time, more room, and more money!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:18 pm

Also push it so the piles are downwind. Other wise it drifts in behind the piles.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”