WHITE GRILL CUB

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:37 pm

HELLO AGAIN
I have recently completed restoration of a Y&W cub but now looking at another to play with.

Several questions for those much more knowledgable than me. I am looking at a Cub Serial Number 1267 with a white grill, touch control and complete set of cultivators, pan seat and rear wheel weights. Seems to be in pretty good shape with 2 major problems. The left final drive housing which attaches to the tractor has been welded and the hood as been cut above the generator so both will need replacements. It runs.

My questions are this:
1. Approximately what year is it?
2. How much difficulty will I have in replacing the rear housing part?
3. Is this unit 6 volts and does it have a Magnito ( Never worked with one)
4. How much difficulty will I have in finding a Hood & Gas Tank?
5. How much would you, the experts, be willing to pay for it?

Hey, thanks in advance.

John Montgomery

Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:31 pm

Assuming it is a standard cub and not a low-boy, that serial number would be a 47. They started with 501. The original grill would have been a wire mesh painted red, and it would have originally had a magneto, but many were converted to battery ignition over the years. A magneto will have a square coil on top with the lead coming out the front and going to the distributor cap. You can get a lot of cub info by going to http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html as well as a lot of links in the "new memeber please read" posting at the top of the thread.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:33 pm

I saw a whole hood assembly on ebay today
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 05878&rd=1

Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:33 am

I have a 53. Would anyone happen to know what, if any, other hood/gas tanks will fit it. Would this older one work?

Thanks,
Ken

Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:03 am

That hood is for the long-eared instrument panel. A '53 should have a short.

You could make it fit. People would be able to tell, but probably wouldn't laugh.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:23 am

Only the correct police would pay any attention. :)