This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Low Oil Pressure- Engine Seizing?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
polaraligned
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Low Oil Pressure- Engine Seizing?

Postby polaraligned » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:53 am

Well, 2-1/2 years later and I decided to get this tractor fixed.
I pulled the pan and one by one dropped the bearing caps and low and behold....the bearings were fine. Heck, the engine crankcase even looked pretty darn clean.
I put it all back together and primed the engine. It did not take much, just a few ounces before it overflowed.
After troubleshooting the ignition, removing the carb, taking apart and cleaning and replacing the fuel, the tractor fired up.
Oil pressure is very good and the tractor runs pretty darn good with no noise or signs of problems other than a low idle speed pulse (probably gov)
I wish I would have done this sooner but I really had thought that I had a lower end problem that might be fatal.
Thanks for all the help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Low Oil Pressure- Engine Seizing?

Postby bob in CT » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:17 am

:{_}: Every dog has his day! :-:-): :D

Now may be a good time to print the lubrication section of the Owner's manual and go through each and every lube point. Generator, fan hub, steering right from nose to tail. Only then will you know that is has been "gone through".

Return to “Farmall Cub”