Rudi

Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:15 pm

I cought him.

In total there are 7 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 33 on Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:29 pm
Registered Users: (CUB HUT), Jim Hudson, Rudi

spook291 says:
k, Jim, getting pooped, gonna have to go back upstairs and lay down for a bit, please say hello to all on the forum for me k?
Jim Hudson says:
Ok

Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:45 pm

k, Jim, getting pooped, gonna have to go back upstairs and lay down for a bit, please say hello to all on the forum for me k?

Sounds like Rudi to me :!: :!: :D :D Happy to hear from him even if we didn't :wink: 8)

Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:15 pm

Rudi uses Spook291 on some of the other forums. Claims it refers to a past life.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:51 pm

Thats also his user name for MSN Mesenger as shown in his profile
Contact Rudi
E-mail address:
Private Message:
MSN Messenger: spook291@hotmail.com

Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:56 pm

If I remember correctly "Spook291" had something to do with his military duties?.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:01 am

Vietnam Special Forces were called "spooks". Special Ops moved in and out of Vietnam & Cambodia like "Ghosts" without being noticed or detected.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:36 am

Well it's good to here that he still has interest in Cubs & the board here. He has been through a lot .

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:46 pm

Gotta reply to this thread :!: :D

AC130 Gunships were also called spooky, or spooks. SF guys were spooks. CIA, MI5 and KGB were also called spooks. Tom Clancy, WEB Griffin and Dale Brown - three of my favourite authors also write about spooks......

Kind of exciting isn't it.

Unfortunately, I cannot lay claim to all that exciting stuff from years gone bye. I was just a poor stone frigate sailor that spent all his time "listening" to the other guys, ifn you catch my drift. I was what was known as an "illicit communications intercept operator". All the other guys just called us 291er's (which is the Military Occupation Code for my trade specialty) - "Spooks".

Name stuck, just added 291 to it. That way my old chums would probably know I was one of them and maybe say hello.

My Great Pyrennes was also called Spooky or Spook for short - mostly because he was pure white and almost invisible in the winter... :D . Still miss him too.

Now I just play spook on the forums. Sometimes posting, sometimes pulling a Lurker Carl :wink: :D