new project

Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:20 pm

started the 48 project today

Finished up for the day.

Tomorrow the engine will be mounted to the engine stand.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:30 pm

That is quite a formidable splitting stand you have there. Lots of luck on the rebuild.

Bill

Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:51 am

Hey Steve...Looks like you're well on your way son! :D What a GREAT stand too! Just let us know if we can help...HAPPY RESTORING!!!! :wink:

Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:49 am

Country,this is the second attempt at restoration. The first one turned out so wll I decided to try another one

Bill , the splitting stand was someones attempt to build a shop press. It was given to me I put it in the corner of the shop and pulled it out and used it on the first restoration. I guess you could say I recycled it. :)

Steve

Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:10 pm

Hey Steve...my mistake...You're 1st Cub restoration looks better than mine!!! GREAT JOB...and I like the IH Blue paint too!

Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:27 pm

Way to go, Steve! Do you intend to return the '48 to original? (hood, grille, emblems, exhaust, etc.) I'm sure it will be nice in either case.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:46 pm

Glad to see ya back Geo. Hope your feeling better. Take care "Jack"

Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:57 pm

"Country,this is the second attempt at restoration. The first one turned out so well I decided to try another one."

This is a classic example of being bit by the cub bug and Bigdog's theory that one is never enough. :roll:

George Willer

Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:04 pm

George. What is that tractor in the background, hidden behind the Cub, and to the right of the blade?

Great idea for a splitting stand. I have the frame for a hydraulic press sitting in the corner of the shop. Now I have a use for it. Thanks Steve.

Eugene

Re: George Willer

Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:05 pm

Eugene wrote:George. What is that tractor in the background, hidden behind the Cub, and to the right of the blade?
Eugene

Eugene,

That picture of Steve's '48 was taken at CubFest 2004. All tractors of Cub size were welcome, such as Massey Pony, Allis G, and that one... one of Larry Goss's Economy Power Kings. It's an early one and resembles a Gibson.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:01 pm

George. I have the intention of putting it back to original with some added decals that go along with the job if you know what I mean.The plan is to have it ready for cub fest in Ohio in june . I hope I have enough time. Steve