Front tires. Suggestions?

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:28 pm

I need new front tires and am wondering if anyone has suggestions for brands and where to buy.
I think they are original Good Years now.
Miller seems to be the only place I can find online.
Thanks.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:33 pm

Tucker Tire is also an excellent source. http://www.tuckertire.com/
But you should check your local sources because shipping can be a big part of the cost.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:40 pm

As Jim mentioned Tucker-Tire is a good source. I paid $60.10 total including S&H for 2 new tires with new tubes from Tucker and the cheapest I could find them locally was $115 for the pair and that was not including tubes.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:48 am

Goodyear no longer manufactures 400-12 tri-ribs. You should be able to find Firestones and a host of private label tires. Last week, I purchased two Carlisle 400-12 rib implements with tubes to fit on my lo-boy for $52.44. :D JP Tractor Salvage had a good deal on a pair of Deestone tires with tubes several months ago....give them a call. 8)
Last edited by Cub-Bud on Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:14 am

Buzzard,

If you aren't too hung up on the brand, I've got a set of brand new 3-ribs with tubes that I bought off of Tuckertire back in June. I'm not sure of the manufacturer but I could provide that to you if you want. When I bought them, I decided to go with implements instead so as not to rut up the grass when mowing.

I'm selling them for $40 + shipping. If you'd like them, you're more than welcome.

Let me know by e-mail if you want.

scottlisagibson@verizon.net

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:16 am

Thanks. I have a little time before I have the rims cleaned up and painted, so I can shop around.
Tucker has them on EBAY for 49.60 plus 10.50 for shipping.
I will give JP Salvage a call. They look like a good source for parts.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:27 am

I got some from Tucker. Worked out fine for me. They where the cheapest I found as well.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:38 am

I bought a pair on e-bay from Tucker Tire. I paid $50 including shipping.
They were "Cambridge" brand if I remember correctly, and came with tubes. It seemed like a good deal to me.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:57 pm

Nice.... ScottyG has hooked me up! 3 rib is fine for what I will be doing with the tractor.
And I just primed the second front rim tonight. The big E tank was great getting the rust in the centers.