A Good Deal For Someone???

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:53 pm

Somebody on this board, that lives close to this guy, should take advantage of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66888&item=3864757649&rd=1

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:23 pm

The price isn't bad but I don't see all of the hardware. For one, I don't see the latch bar and brackets.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:27 pm

The zip code says they are in Mt. Sterling, KY, which is a little east of Lexington on I-64.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:33 pm

Bud it appears that it is missing the latch bar mechanism.It is not shown I guess you could mount them and plow with both down and lift them up.I guess you could call it a modified hiller without the latch bar.He must not have sold it the first time he had it advertised Steve

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:02 pm

Latch bar :?:

I only have a 193 plow......from this, I concluded that it was complete. :oops: I am not familiar with the two-way setup.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:10 pm

Bud, the rockshaft lifts both plows. The plow that drops is determined by which ever latch you release. If you look on the plow beams in the pictures you will see the notched arms that latch into the latch bar mechanism.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:50 pm

CB:

The Cub-189 Two Way Moldboard Plow Manual is on the server. I have one and it is complete, now. Don't work too well without the latch bars, they are pretty much a must as is the Latch Bar Assembly. Don't forget the Brace.

Gord and I both have a 189. Unfortunately we only had half of the latch bars (both left handed). I got a pair of rights from Tom at TM for a good price. He probably has the complete assembly -- oops -- check this out - Latch Bar Assembly

Looks like the guy wants around $250.00 for the 189, it may be worth it to pick it up if you are close by. Then order up the assembly from Tom.

Btw, a complete Cub-189 is worth between $350.00 and $500.00 depending of course on condition up here.... so at $250.00 it would be a pretty fair deal.