This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Right side driven shaft on final drive?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
niflheim5435
10+ Years
10+ Years

Right side driven shaft on final drive?

Postby niflheim5435 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:02 pm

New cub owner. I purchased a 47 Cub in August 04. I have since completely restored it, engine now .040 and balanced, new valves train, new clutch with bearing style t/o, all new brearings and seals in the trans and final drives, new fan assy, radiator, carb, new brakes all tires etc. You get the picture, complete everything. I now have invested $5000.00 in a tractor worth $2500.00. This is my first cub, I did the same routine on my M and H. My wife threaten to leave if I kept this up. I still have the tractors and someone else ended up with the wife. I think, I still got the better deal.

My question is this. What is the shaft end used for on the right final drive. Oviously it is for some reason, why is it open with a seal and not enclosed by a cap like the left side? What is the function? Some type of assesory must bolt on the end of the shaft since it is cut on two sides and not round. Wondering :?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:07 pm

That is to instal a gear for driving a planter. It is open, but there is a seal inside it to keep oil in and dirt out. I have know some people to make covers for them, but open is the way they were supplied.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:51 pm

Niflheim,
Its seems to me that you have a serious tractor habit. IH tractorphilia.It effects alot of people exspecially in the Mid-west.I heard about several cases overseas.You come to the right place for answers. I don't think we can help you with your love life though.Many of the members here will tell you that these little cubs breed like rabbits.Some of them have 1,2 and even more(lucky devils).Welcome to the forum.
Last edited by RedNed on Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:36 pm

Hey niflheim5435

:o :o WOW :o there are more than four Cubs in Arizona 8)

Sounds like you did THE Complete Complete restoration. Hey... I might consider it to be worth $2550.00 :lol: :lol: if you want to part with it.

Welcome from another desert cub owner. I'm down here in the high Huachuca Mountains of Cochise Co. Someday all Cubs will probably wind up out here. They seem to stay red much longer :) and not turn that funny brown color :)

Are you taking your Cub to the Glendale show next month :?:

Mike

Return to “Farmall Cub”