This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CUB rear work light with RED bullet light on eBay

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

CUB rear work light with RED bullet light on eBay

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:07 pm

Hi folks,

I was looking on eBay and I found this light, that is a lot different from mine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 74820&rd=1 with this picture.

My rear work light is just a single clear bulb in the center of the reflector and has another light with a red lens off to one side on the reflector.

Is this light I have the correct one or should I think about the one shown?

Not that I am willing to pay this much for a light like this, just curious, more than anything

I can't find my picture right off and I stolen this one from his auction, new computer system and I don't have all my files transfered yet.

John Niekamp

PS: Mine is a 55 LoBoy
Last edited by John Niekamp on Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:40 pm

Depends on what year tractor you have. This one was evidently only used for a year or so, before the style you have.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:44 pm

Is that the infamous switch on the work light under the red light?

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:09 pm

That one will probably double ($250) before the sale is over.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:44 pm

John,
The White C I bought at the National Auction had one of the Bullet lights on it.
Worth almost as much as I paid for the tractor.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:01 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:That one will probably double ($250) before the sale is over.

WOW! your kidding :!: :!: :!:

I only wish I had about 40 or 50 of these these sitting somewhere then, :D

I don't think I have seen one, but bringing that kind of money, they must be rare.......Think I keep what I have.

John Niekamp

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: CUB rear work light with RED bullet light on eBay

Postby Not Mini Acres » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:53 am

jniekamp wrote:Hi folks,

I was looking on eBay and I found this light, that is a lot different from mine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 74820&rd=1 with this picture.

My rear work light is just a single clear bulb in the center of the reflector and has another light with a red lens off to one side on the reflector.

Is this light I have the correct one or should I think about the one shown?

Not that I am willing to pay this much for a light like this, just curious, more than anything

I can't find my picture right off and I stolen this one from his auction, new computer system and I don't have all my files transfered yet.

John Niekamp

PS: Mine is a 55 LoBoy

John,Buddy, you had better get out there in that garage and clean it out for Mary, instead of looking at lights on e-bay.lol! Yeah, I've seen these and wanted one also. When I saw the regular ones like you and I have were bringing $50-$85. I got real happy that I even have the regular one., and knew right then not to even look for one like this. Never dreamed they were that much more. Happy Cubbing! Ernie
Love my Cubs, a 1951 Regular and a 1957 LoBoy. Got most the impliments,missing a couple but still looking. Have a lot of Tractor Buddies and getting more!

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:10 pm

BUT Ernie,

IF, I went out to clean out the garage, that means I would have to go out in the COLD :cry: :cry: I HATE winter, cold, snow and ice, I 'll gladly take summer at 95 degrees with 100% hummidity over winter any day.

I have two 100 pound LP tanks, for the furnace in the garage and when I took them to have them filled a couple months ago, they told my it was going to be $72.00 for each tank. Guess what? I brought them back home empty. I just knew I should have taken a natural gas line from the house to the garage, when I had my chance.

AND if I were to pay 250 bucks, for a light..........I WOULD BE IN THE COLD :!: I doubt if Mary would have even gave me the option of staying in the dog's house :)

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:39 pm

Mike Schmudlach wrote:John,
The White C I bought at the National Auction had one of the Bullet lights on it.
Worth almost as much as I paid for the tractor.
Mike

Hey Mike.. The only reason you got the tractor so cheap, is due to the fact that the DD/WW Auction ended about Noon on Saturday, so most of the people that were there for the IH Collectors Auction had already left due to boredom...... I have a feeling that most of the consigners (except for lot numbers 1-28) were not satisfied with how their items sold.......

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:30 pm

Justin, another reason he got it so cheap was you got most of my money. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:42 am

Hey jniekamp...The Cub "Combination Tail Light" is another one of those "highly sought-after... Ebay way-over-priced options". :lol: I have one on my 1948 (I'm not sure of the year when they stopped making them...probably around 1950). Over the last couple of years (3 or so) the "combo light" and the Donaldson pre-cleaner, and the Belt Pulley attachment have SKYROCKETED on Ebay (glad I've got all 3 for my Cub...cause I wouldn't want to pay about $500. or $600. to buy all 3 now) :lol: .

Your Cub tail light, with the red bulb in the same reflector, was the REPLACEMENT (newer model) that IH went to after the combination tail light production was over (as I said, probably early 1950's). Your "newer" model actually gives off MORE red light than my little red bullet light...I'm sure your's was determined to be SAFER because it was easier to see at night! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:39 am

I wonder if the seller found that light laying along the road? I've told this story before, but I lost one like it when the !@#$% bracket on a !@#$%reproduction battery box broke off... Somewhere between Findlay, OH and Fremont, OH. I had just put it on for the show and didn't have the wire connected. :cry: :cry: :cry:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:23 am

I just hate it when that happens!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:36 am

John:

I also have the combo light on Ellie. Granny just has a headlight facing backwards. I am not sure that I will ever be able to find a real Combo Light. I do know where there are a couple of parts to a Combo Light, and the Bullet is still available :!: .... now ifn I can just remember where Alton told me I could get them :idea: :?: ......

Geez, a forgetful mind is a hard thing to accept :oops: :roll:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:54 am

If anyone is trying to figure out the years that the combo light was offered, I have one on my 51 and I do know it is all original.

Elliott, glad to see you back. Call me sometime so we can catch up.
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Return to “Farmall Cub”