This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

fast hitch obstructs fender?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

fast hitch obstructs fender?

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:35 pm

After putting on a fast hitch for the first time, I went to reverse the tires (had them at maximum width like advised to facilitate mounting the fast hitch) and put the fenders back on. The right fender won't mount because of the position of the leveling crank and vertical shaft for it. Can't see any other way to mount it. Also, there is only about a 1/4 of an inch clearance between the same vertical shaft and the tire. Was it necessary to have the tires mounted wider for more clearance? Any suggestions on why fender won't mount. Thanks, Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:53 pm

Look at where the rim is mounted to the wheel here
http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/fhitch_001.htm
Young man for work, old man for advice

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:49 pm

Bob, the fit between the depth adjusting crank and the fender is real close. The crank will be touching on the fender at the top. I have seen some where the fender in bent inwards a bid to make it fit.

Mike

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:04 pm

Thanks Jim and Mike,
I'll take a look tomorrow night. I guess I'm surprised that it would require some fender bending to get it to fit on.

Bob

Return to “Farmall Cub”