This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The real reason Scrivet's cub is in my shed.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

The real reason Scrivet's cub is in my shed.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed May 25, 2011 10:32 pm

Scrivet noticed the left final of that cub was loose and leaning out some at the bottom a few months ago and put some bolts in it where he could, and has been giving it light duty until I had some room in the shed and some time. Since I was through playing with his throwout bearing and spending Rabbit Holler Flash's money on that part I decided to pull the final this afternoon while it was raining too hard to do anything outside.

Found a couple things I expected, and a couple I did not.

One hole had a bolt broken off in it, which I knew about and it came out easily. One hole had all the threads stripped out, and the one next to it had aprt of them stripped out. They are both circled and will get Helicoils. The surprise came when I got a look at the bottom. The dowel pin hole is broken out completely and part of the bottom front hole is broken, but it does hold good with what is left. I think he will be ok using it as long as he does not get too violent with it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: The real reason Scrivet's cub is in my shed.

Postby Scrivet » Thu May 26, 2011 6:31 am

Here's the pictures from the first post the way I found it back in January.
Scrivet wrote:Was installing the drawbar back on Johnny Bob last week when I noticed there was a space between the mounting plate and the final drive which hadn't been there before. Which made me stop, stand up, scratch my head, see this and then mumble things I shouldn't post......

Which led to "should I be able to see the front blade through here?"

So what is the correct camber for the rear wheels? :shock:

Jacked that side up and it came back together with one bolt missing, one bolt broken off inside the casting, and one bolt stripped in the casting. On the positive side the missing bolt was one of the shorter ones and the broken off bolt replaced it for now. All but the broken one and the striped one tightened up.

This is not the cub my nephew and I did the NASCAR pit stop brake job on in case anyone (i.e. Rabbit Holler Flash) is thinking we didn't tighten something up. Haven't been in this final but I think some seal work will be in order soon.

I guess that offset cultivision roller bearing throw out bearing was putting excessive strain on the left side of the tractor :lol: just another reason to not try to reinvent the (throwout bearing) wheel.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 am

I would be looking a trans case if it were mine, I will give you an old type one and can bring it to the tug, the one with the larger top rear bearing just let me know
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

ToddW
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 54911
Tractors Owned: -
1951 F-Cub
1960 Yellow Loboy
Despeeder, FH Rototiller, / FH York Rake, FH plow, 152 Disk plow, Woods brush mower, Wagner Loader, Grader Blades, 23-A Disc Harrow. Spike tooth harrow
FORD JUBILEE with Sherman 12-speed
1953 Ford F-100 Jubilee
Cadet 108 with mower and snow thrower -Cadet 1650 with deck and thrower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ToddW » Thu May 26, 2011 9:23 am

If your going to be replacing the trans case with a good one, might as well consider looking for a pristine set of gears off a cub cadet.

"As long as your in there"

Return to “Farmall Cub”