This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

more carb questions :-(

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:07 pm

Todd,

Use the clear tubing method to check the fuel in the carb. It sounds like you getting too much air or not enough fuel 8)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:14 pm

Everything you've done seems to rule out too much air. That only leaves not enough fuel.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:17 pm

Just to state the obvious, The main jet screws in from the side of the carburetor. When it is unscrewed, you can see 2 holes in the sides and a small one in the end. The one in the end is the actual jet. Make sure it is clean, not just the 2 side holes.

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:35 pm

YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear i cleaned thta main jet good :-). but..... I took it back apart stuck a needle in the end and out poped a little pice of sand! seems to run ok, Ill fine tune it tomorrow. Thanks guys
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:40 pm

That was my question 5 hours ago :lol: :lol: Glad you got her running, my fingers were getting tired :lol: :lol: :lol: Feels good don't it :?: 8)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Now if we can just get to the bottom of WKPoor's problem. I bet it will be equally simple.

Return to “Farmall Cub”