This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic pump

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic pump

Postby sviennadan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:10 pm

What are the chances that there would be hydraulic fluid leaking into the crankcase oil? When running, my Cub would lose hydraulic fluid, yet GAIN crankcase oil level.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:30 pm

There is a very good chance. Kit is available from CIH. Just some o rings you can buy local.
Young man for work, old man for advice

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:39 pm

As Jim said, it's a common problem. Later pumps used an oring at the front, but earlier ones used a regular oil seal. If yours happens to use the seal the ih part number is 355742R91, or National 471526
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

cityofc
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06067

Postby cityofc » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:42 pm

It happened to me. The hydraulic level would keep dropping with hardly any leakage. I found out when I checked the oil level (boy was it full) where it was going. I ended changing the seals between the hydraulics/crankcase and that solved the problem. Other than draining hydraulic fluid, it was a fairly easy fix.

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:43 pm

Thanks! I'm glad it's an easy fix. I have the hydraulic fluid drained right now anyway, so I'll pick up the seal or gasket, whichever I need, once I remove the pump and determine which I need. You guys are great for such good timely advice. I always learn something new, every day that I log on to the Forum!

Paul Stav
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul Stav » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:21 pm

I just had the same trouble with a C tractor, and I would guess the pumps are about the same. I put in a new seal, but it did not work, the problem continued and I had to buy a new pump. The Case/IH man indicated that the seal toward the crankcase was on the low pressure side and the only purpose of the seal was to keep contaniments out of the pump. The low pressure side is the "suck" side, so if just the seal was bad, it wouldn't leak anyway. He says that when the pump is worn out of tolerance, it puts pressure on the seal, and that seal was not designed for pressure. Just passing on info. Good luck!

Return to “Farmall Cub”