Dad's Cub

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:20 am

I'm tinkering with a web page designer. Dunno how this is going to turn out. I'm so lost in this area. This should be a thumbnail of Dad's cub. Still waiting on seat and battery box. Some decals have come in.

http://home.jam.rr.com/hroberts/Dad's%20Cub/

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:22 am

WOW! looks great! We own a web development company let me know if you need some help

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:59 am

Nice looking cub hr's. When I clicked on the thumbnail it pulled up the larger picture.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:56 pm

Very, very nice!!! What did you use on the manifold and exhaust pipe?

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:04 pm

What did you use on the manifold and exhaust pipe?

I believe he used several coats of the high heat paint made for BBQ pitts.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:36 pm

A wonderful job :!:

You two are returning to the Cub-Arama this year and bringing it with you, right :?:

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:23 pm

Well, I had a vacation scheduling snafu where I didn't get that particular week. But you never know!! :wink: :wink: Cough, cough......achooo!! :lol: :lol:

I'm trying to talk him out of selling it.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:28 pm

Any opinions about the fuel line. We followed GW's advice and made it out of 5/16 brake line. I personally would have routed it under the exhaust pipe, but he( Dad) liked it like that way. It's probably correct.

Hr...

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:53 pm

What year is that Cub? She does look mighty good. I know you and your dad are proud, and you have every right to be.

Rick 8)

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:37 pm

S/N says it's a '68. I don't think the carb is original though.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:19 am

HR,

Nice looking Cub there. I like the looks of the newer Cub's with the yellow and white paint scheme, gives a nice contrast.

Now, I am wondering on the exhaust system (pipe and muffler) did they just put this type on the LoBoys? I have noticed on the regualr Cubs, they have it going straight up out of the top of the hood.

I could use a new one on my LoBoy, mine is not rusted thru yet, but not far from it. I just got a new O.E.M. catalog and they just show mufflers and not the actual exhaust system running along the side and back under the wheel housing. Unless I have overlooked it. I don't know about having a new one made at a muffler shop, I don't know if they would even have the smaller bending dies or not.

Anyhow, where could I locate a new exhaust sytem, like is on HR's?

John Niekamp

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:02 am

I believe it became a purchase option in the late '50's or early 60's. But one of the sages would have to chime in for that. I bet you could take the exhaust pipe to a muffler shop with the hydraulic bending machines and they could fab you one in no time. You could watch TM Tractor, but like many things on his site, they go fast! :lol:

Wood resin maybe?

Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:10 am

Try hot water and soap first.

Dads Cub Rear Tires

Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:20 am

Very nice HR! What brand of tire does he have on the rear?

Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:45 am

She's a beauty HR!!!!!

I'm saving the pic as I have a couple of yaller ones I just purchased from a nursery. I plan on keeping one of the yellow ones for myself.

I can only dream that it turns out as nice as your dads. 8) 8)