This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Part # Fiche Cards

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Part # Fiche Cards

Postby johnbron » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:53 pm

I would like to find some Cub Fiche-Cards for parts pictures & I.D. _ I am sure they must have used them in tractor stores before the computer came along. I have fiche cards for both my truck & car and they are really handy to use. Anybody ever seen them on old parts counters?. I have never seen any offered on eBay.
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:28 pm

Catskill Tractor franklin NY still has them. Perhaps the Dealer auction mentioned in another post will have them.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:02 pm

JB:

I take it you have a micro-fiche viewer? If not what do you view them with?

Reason being, my dealer still has a bunch of micro-fiche hangining around.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:45 pm

These fiche cards can still be ordered as new items from case-IH. There are several cards to choose from (depending on the tractor/implement model). Most are economically priced at $18 (USD) each.

The issue with all fiche cards is that they scratch easily and can fade out when left in 1 spot (with the viewer on) for too long.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:36 pm

Rudi wrote:JB:

I take it you have a micro-fiche viewer? If not what do you view them with?

Reason being, my dealer still has a bunch of micro-fiche hangining around.

Yup Rudi, I have 2 fiche viewers. one is 110-V and the other is 110/12-Volt. They are neat for viewing parts and numbers plus easy to catagorize the cards. Just another outdated item that I find really handy.
Quote Ken: These fiche cards can still be ordered as new items from case-IH. There are several cards to choose from (depending on the tractor/implement model). Most are economically priced at $18 (USD) each.

The issue with all fiche cards is that they scratch easily and can fade out when left in 1 spot (with the viewer on) for too long.

Ken I protect My cards pretty well in brown envelopes and have never left then in one spot long enough to have a fading problem, (YET). Thanks for the tip.

Now I am guessing that you dont offer them for sale and are an I-H dealer item only :?: I would only be interested in the Cub Tractor fiches and not any implements for now.
Then came Bronson

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:41 pm

Ken will be able to answer this one, but Case IH did offer a set for the A thru 560?? a few years ago, and probably still do. I know they offer the "historical series" for the very old Case tractors...

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:31 pm

Might send Cliff King an email ( crawlerman1@yahoo.com ). I gave him a microfiche veiwer last summer that had a cub fiche or two with it, but the last I knew he did not have a cub.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:09 pm

Case-IH still offers a "library" set of micro-fiche. These sets are priced at $ 90 or less. There are several different sets, that have more than or just tractors in the set. You can also order individual fiche cards.

Since the CD ROM's have been "put to sleep" for a while, fiche cards may be the best option for now. Anyone needing new fiche cards or have questions on ordering them, email me kenu@cngco.com or call me at C&G 1-866-FARMALL (327-6255).

Many dealers are "pitching the fiche" now that we use a CD ROM based parts lookup program. You might be able to get a used fiche set very reasonably by asking your dealer.

I have an used, single fiche card viewer for sale priced at $25 (it works great!) plus shipping.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

Return to “Farmall Cub”