This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rebuilding question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Russ Leggitt » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:03 pm

Hey Guy,

I will add my, "ah come on in the water is fine" salutation. No seriously, I would suggest that tearing apart and putting back together is like a jizsaw puzzle. You have the advantage of the parts manual and service manual. If you do not have a copy of the parts manual, get one is my advice.

This way you will know two things:
1). How the parts fit together and what will be inside to jump out at you if you take it apart and
2). You will know what a part is properly called.

This I have found puts oneself at ease and gives you confidence just knowing that it is a "thing-a-mo-bob" not a "thing-a-ma-jig". Ha! Ha!. :lol: :lol:

As the others have said, "it is a great confidence builder just to know that I did it".

I have also found that pictures help me to keep track of where all the parts go after I have taken apart, cleaned, repaired and go to re-assemble.

Russ L.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”