This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

International Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
deuce32
10+ Years
10+ Years

International Cub

Postby deuce32 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:24 am

Greetings from New Zealand to all you fellow 'cubbers' :) I have just had the good fortune to buy an 'International' Cub. Looks just like the Farmall we know and love but this tractor is branded 'INTERNATIONAL' on both sides of the hood and the ID plate shows Model F Cub. Made in the USA. Don't have any more info or a serial number yet. Looks like a 1940's or early 50's vintage. 4 cyl petrol engine.
We have a lot of old Farmall Cubs here but I have never before seen one branded in this way. Any information you can share would be appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:44 am

Welcome. Please read the new member info at
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1459

It will show a way to come close to the age of a cub by dates on the various castings on your cub as well as by the serial number.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:19 am

Glad to hear from you. I was raised on a farm where we used Farmall H tractors, and when I started looking for a small tractor to use on my 5 acres about 17 years ago I bought a cub for the same reason. While there is a considerable differenc in size, much of the engineering is the same and it felt familiar.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:20 am

International played quite a few games with their labels. The Farmall name was dropped off the tractors sold in the US in 1964. Tractors for export used all sorts of combinations of the names Farmall, Intenational, McCormick and Deering, depending on what country they were being marketed in. They even changed spelling to MacCormick for some countries.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

If you don't mind.

Postby Eugene » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:56 pm

If you don't mind. How much did you pay for the Cub? What condition is the Cub in? And what equipment came with it?

Eugene

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:21 pm

MacCormick was for Scotland, right?

I am Cyrus MacCormick from the Clan MacCormick. There can be only one.

deuce32
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deuce32 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:09 am

Well thanks to all of you for the information. I guess that this cub had a bit of brand gaming done as per your suggestion Jim. I have the old girl in storage at present but when I get her home I'll run some ID's on the serial numbers etc.
No equipment with it Eugene - that stuff is a little scarce down here but I'm keen to get some - especially some kind of mower and a pulley for a belt drive. Apart from a replacement headlight the tractor is in excellent unrestored condition. For the moment I would like to keep it as is rather than repaint and restore as it is a great time capsule with the faded paint etc. The challenge will be to halt any decay. There is no rust or dents and all the wiring etc is still in good condition. Between NZ$1500 and $2000 for a tractor like this but really hard to find them at this price now as lots of vintage tractor collectors here.
I also have a 1960 Ferguson 35 diesel. very common in NZ and popular with small block owners. Lots of these from the old TEA model 24 thru 26 and 28 and then the 35. Most have worked hard and are still earning their keep.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:51 am

Welcome Deuce32,
The tractor serial number should be on the data or ID plate, right under the "Model: FCub".

Does your user name have anything to do with owning or liking 1932 Fords or '32 based hotrods?

deuce32
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deuce32 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:15 am

Hi there Paul - Thanks for the info on the serial no. Will check out and refer when out of storage.
Yep Deuce32 is definitely a rodding reference - I have a '32 3w coupe. :D Pretty much a driveable work in progress and still needs interior to be done. Searching for garnish moldings and window regulators etc to finish and would like an original dash as mine has been messed up but the car is now mostly complete. :D :D
It appears to be a whole lot easier to find parts for Cubs!! :wink:

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:53 pm

Greetings, Deuce32, and welcome! I believe that New Zealand is just about as far away from here (Maine, northeastern US) as you can get. I hope you're enjoying the summer down there.

My '55 Loboy is an International, not a Farmall, or a McCormick, or even a MacCormack. You have a Ferguson, too? I have a Ford, but it ain't a diesel. They're distantly related, are they not?

Great advice here, and great folks. Best board on the net, IMHO. Enjoy! Jeff
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:54 pm

Hello deuce32

Just wanted to say that I like what you said about not painting the International and just preserving the good original paint and overall condition. You will be surprised at the way your Cub will look if you can get most of the dirt, rust and grease off everything. I am doing the same thing to an old '47 Cub that is in vvg original condition. Haven't done too much for the past seven weeks since I broke my arm...don't ask..

This is a great website for you if you like Cubs. Welcome from Arizona :)..the 8) Southwest.

Mike
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:28 am

deuce32
I like 3 window coupe's. I don't have any deuce dash or window parts laying around, but I think there is a 1932 Indiana (a state just north of Kentucky) auto license plate hanging on a nail in the garage.

Return to “Farmall Cub”