This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

First pics 2005 and a small problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:51 am

Rudi,

Yes, the 54 Chevrolet 1 ton was my grandpa's old truck and was the very first thing I drove about 7 years old, could barely even reach the pedals. Well after many years after he sold it and went through several owners, it sat in the next block from me for several years. I was lucky enough to find inside the glove box, several of my grandpa's registration cards and the owner before him. I have a complete write up on the Stovebolt forum here at: http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/niekam ... 954_01.htm

It is a 3800 series, with a 235 6 cylinder. I am going to have it restore in the next year or two. I am no body person and I don't have the room or the time to start this large of a restoration. I will put it back to it's original color, which was a dark blue. The color on it now really sucks. There are a couple places where you can still detect the original color and it's the way I remembered it when I was younger. For the past couple of years I just enjoy driving it as a semi-daily driver.

I have on a several days come out after I get off work and find a sign saying "SANFORD and SONS" (I have two sons) Shows ya what they know, old Fred Sanford, had about a 52 Ford 1/2 ton pickup, :lol: I drove around all last week with that silly sign on the passenger's door. :oops:

I have thought about it on several ocassions of using it to haul the Cub to my acreage. Once I finish up the Cub project and get you the prints for the deck, I am going to build some new shorter sideboards (easier to see around) and going to paint the bed with the IH 2150 paint, I really like the shade of that red.

Kodiak,

I don't have the Cub power engine here at my house, but there really isn't much of it to show, Take your engine and unbolt the bolster and the torque tube. Put on a hood and a fuel tank you would just about have it in a nut shell. I don't have any of the sheetmetal or tank, just an real sorry looking little engine.

I have seen several of these untis around the net and even on here. I would also think, the Cub's engine specs. could possibly be the same as our Cubs. BUT, I would be more than happy to go down to my other property and take some pictures for you anyhow, that would be no problem at all. I do have a picture of the carb. off of it, that I sent on up to Rudi, it also looked just just like the one on my Loboy, but needed a major overhaul, right Rudi?

John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:04 am

KODIAK What is the serial of your friends power unit? Is it UC 60 or HTC with numbers?

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:47 am

Bill.
Didn't get the S/N he was mainly looking for the front sheet metal. He has 2 tanks and the hood for it and needs the radiator shell. I'll see if I can get a picture tomorrow and the S/N. I have to meet him to pick-up 2 cordwood saws and that will give me a chance to take another look at it.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:32 pm

Kodiac the parts of the serial no i gave you tell if it is a power unit or a power unit from a combine, thresher or harvesting machine.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... &members=1

You will see the galvanized boxy grill on one from a thresher in my pictures. a seperate power unit has a grill similar to a cub. If Rudi has gotten the operating manuals i sent him they can be seen on his forum. Canadian customs is a one word term for female dog from what I hear.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:15 pm

Thanks for the pictures Bill, the one he has dosen't have a galvanized radiator. It does look more like a cub to me.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow if I can and start a new post tomorrow evening since this thread is getting long.

I will take a look and see if Rudi has the manual.

Ron

Return to “Farmall Cub”