This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Seat Picture

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:11 pm

Bigdog wrote:It is their tractor and if they want pink polka-dots on the seat that is OK with me too. (well, maybe not pink polka-dots) :)

"Chatty Cathy" will probably want pink polka-dots on her tractor seat.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:31 pm

So then I take it that the deluxe type seat had no type of springs or anything for a somewhat smoother ride? Just what ever the cushion or pad would provide? That may be a little tough on my butt, even for as much padding as God provided me,:lol:

Let me guess, I bet that these deluxe seats are probably not only hard to find, but I bet they are EXPENSIVE too? That's the way my luck usually runs.

Well if anyone knows of these type of seats that may like to have a new home on a feshly restored LoBoy, even if it may need to have a new cover on it, PLEASE let me know where I can get it and where to send the money.

Thanks,

John Niekamp
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:56 pm

Thanks for all the info people. My cub is a 53, so I should probably go with a silver seat? I want to put it all back to original as best as I can. I was in Princess Auto the other day and low and behold what do I find? black Pan seats with a four bolt nut system on it with a nice tie on black cushion. It was either 29 or 39 dollars.
Rudi, did you see them in the Moncton store?
Mike
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:29 pm

8) Actually the delux seat is pretty comfortable there is about 2" of foam padding spring suspension running side to side under the pading. I can't tell you how it is since I have'nt ran one with a pan seat. My best friend has one but his wife won't let anyone elese drive it wich was probally a good thing because I wanted to drive it so bad I found a real cowboy that would trade me tha one he got with his grandpa's farm for a horse I did'nt like and wanted to get rid of. :D
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:36 pm

My lo-boy has a deluxe seat, all the others have the pan seat. The deluxe is by far the more comfortable.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

prjones
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08848
Tractors Owned: 58 Cub
59 Loboy
73 Cub blue&orange
107 Cub Cadet
IH 340 Utility
Kubota L3800
Gravely 566

Postby prjones » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:38 pm

I also have the plastic seat on my LoBoy called the Intermediate seat. I was looking for the deluxe seat and someone offered me one for 350 not including cushions. I had to pass as this was one quarter of what I paid for the tractor. I have seen three sold on ebay, If I remember correctly they went from 100 to 250. Go to parts catalog tc-37f group 13 pages 9 and 10 for details of all 3 Cub seats. I am hoping someone may start fabricating the delux seat .I am sure there are talented metal workers such as the ones who make the steps.
Last edited by prjones on Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:39 pm

Bigdog wrote:My lo-boy has a deluxe seat, all the others have the pan seat. The deluxe is by far the more comfortable.

AND I bet ya ain't gonna part with it either, are ya :?: :D

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:47 pm

Sure wasn't planning to....... :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:55 pm

OK, one question. Did the custom seat adapt to the mounting shown in George Willer's picture. Could the custom seat go on that mount or did other lo-boys use the other square cornered mount, like the regular Cubs had.

I would like to find a custom seat and mount for the '59...workin' cub... Those seats are much more comfortable...Then have to change the shifter too though...and tool box and probably something else :roll:

Anyone know if the canvas that was used on the early ones is still available...or what would be similar available today :roll:

Thanks

Mike
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:58 pm

Hi All

I really like the one Jim Hudson posted a photo of, and was wondering if that one is a aftermarket seat, and from what sorce :?:, or is it an original done with the two color material. I asked above, but no answer yet. I have seen 2 color seats sold like that, but not with the hole and grommet. I hope You All are doing well, or as well as can be :!: THANKS :!: Paul K. in N.H.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:08 pm

Young man for work, old man for advice

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:09 pm

mltiema wrote:OK, one question. Did the custom seat adapt to the mounting shown in George Willer's picture. Could the custom seat go on that mount or did other lo-boys use the other square cornered mount, like the regular Cubs had.

If you look closely at the picture George posted, you can see that the seat bracket consists of 3 major parts. There is an upright on each side and a third piece that is like an unverted "U". The 4-bolt seat bolts to the center of the "U". The 2 side pieces are identical to the supports used with the Deluxe seat. The Deluxe seat frame bolts directly onto the side supports, in place of the "U" shaped bracket. Since the tool box bolts to the seat support, all Lo-Boys used the same tool box as all tractors with the Deluxe seat.

I haven't found any indicatin that the "intermediate seat" was installed at the factory. I think it was a will-fit that got stuck in the parts book when the pan seat wasn't available for a replacement.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:18 pm

mltiema wrote:OK, one question. Did the custom seat adapt to the mounting shown in George Willer's picture. Could the custom seat go on that mount or did other lo-boys use the other square cornered mount, like the regular Cubs had.

I would like to find a custom seat and mount for the '59...workin' cub... Those seats are much more comfortable...Then have to change the shifter too though...and tool box and probably something else :roll:

Anyone know if the canvas that was used on the early ones is still available...or what would be similar available today :roll:

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

I take your tag line as a real compliment! :lol: :lol:

I'm getting ready for the next trip to the hospital tomorrow for a few days and can't get to the barn now to see if the bases are the same... but they may be.

I've moved the deluxe seat on my '63 back far enough to have leg room and I'm sure a straight shifter would work. I'll consider changing it, since I like the straight ones much better, especially if , like most of mine, they have been lengthened.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:41 pm

I have now way of confirming this ,but a fellow named Wheeler Rittinger who lives close to me and has quite a collection of Farmall's has all his seats done by a guy ( whom I don't remember the name) who claims to have or had a roll of the canvas actually used for original seat coverings and has done all wheelers seats for him. They are all silver colored. How much is true I don't know but it makes for a nice story. By the way- the seats this man has done look as good as new. :wink:

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:09 pm

was the padding still horsehair ?
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Return to “Farmall Cub”