This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil seal ring on front hub.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Oil seal ring on front hub.

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:36 pm

Is this a 'maint' item?? In other words is there a good reason to replace it?

I had a post the other day regarding the dust cap ( hich was a great help!!!) and I found one side to have 'rusty' grease and slight pitting on the bearings. The wheel did spin well, so the bearings were not too bad. So I commenced to remove the cups (cones) and found this metal ring. I will replace the bearings, cones and seals on this side and repack the other side.

Interesting, but the inside bearing cup is Timken and the outside is a mfg that I never heard of cannot read the inside bearing. Strange, but the front hubs appear to have been maintained differently.... even the cotter pin indicates they were done by different people.

Just wondering if there is any reason to replace this ring. Seems to be in good shape, just a bit rusted on the lip.

I need to order some parts soon and was just curious.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:13 pm

Never mind.... it is part of the bearing 'kit' I ordered today.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”