This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another seal question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Another seal question

Postby Maritimer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:51 pm

Hi All, I have another seal question. Part # 251379 R92 is the oil seal behind the distributer. Is this the same as 251379 R91? This one says it is for the magnito according to the FAQ list.
Mike
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:57 pm

Mike - It should fit. The R number is a revision number indicating a minor change or improvement in the part. If the revision does not change the application, the part number stays the same and the R number or revision number increased by one. This would indicate that the part would be compatible with earlier revisions. In theory, a higer revision of the same part number will always replace an earlier version. But an early part will not always work when replacing a later revision.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:07 pm

OK Bigdog, Would this matter at all, The part listed is for the Magnito oil seal but I have the distributer. I wouldn't think the oil seal would change because it seals on the govenor.
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:12 pm

Maritimer,

The seal is the same whether a distributor or a mag 8)

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:34 pm

Thanks guy's. your a wealth of info. :D :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”