This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO Cub -> Standard converter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
hennesse
10+ Years
10+ Years

PTO Cub -> Standard converter

Postby hennesse » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:59 pm

I've seen a picture of a Cub->Standard PTO converter, but of course, lost where I found it. Any one got a photo?

Were these ever made commercially, or were they one-of's?

Dave

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:29 pm

Try George Willers website, he has one on a cub. thee were manufactured commercially, but a cub is cheaper.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:29 pm

Yeh Dave- I got one and here is what it looks like.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:40 pm

I just remembered that a neibor of mine last summer bought a cub cadet at a sale for about $100.00 and there was one of these converters on it! I couldn't believe it. Obviously nobody at the sale understood the value it might have. Anyway that same cub had a set of wheel weights on it that just didn't look quite right to me. Upon a closer look they were Front weights for an H or M instead of the Farmall Cub weights you usually see. I couldn't contain the excitement I had at that moment. I asked him if I could trade straight up for the correct ones he needed for his tractor and he agreed. You just never know where things are going to turn up. :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:14 am

Here is a picture of GW's PTO converter. It looks to me like the version made by JR Prewitt. WKPoor's looks like a Hub City. Hub City made 4 different variations that I know of. As right now, those are the only versions I have identified.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:36 am

Hey WKPoor. Does your unit also cut the speed down to 540 like Georges? I know Hub City made them both ways. Another question. Does Hub City have the 31/32 spline inside or is it adapted somehow inside that aluminum housing?

Dave, Surplus Center still sells this if your good at adapting things.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?U ... em=13-1180
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:42 am

I forgot. WKPoor, If yours does cut the speed to 540, could you take yours apart so we can see what's inside? :D
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

hennesse
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby hennesse » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:47 am

Wow - lots of good information! I looked at the Hub City 85 LH at Surplus City, and the 85 L series at Hub City's website. The 85 L comes in a dazzling array of varieties, but their spec sheet is really hard to figure out.

Am I correct in that the killer is that one would have to re-work the Cub PTO shaft into something standard to make any of these units work??

Dave

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:58 am

Hi Dave. Yes, that's the big hurdle. I went to the local Woods dealer and they ordered me an adapter sleeve that converts the Cub 31/32-10 spline to the 1 3/8- 6 spline. It was about $35.00. That's easy to find things to fit. TSC has all kinds of weldable hubs for pulleys and sprokets to fit the 1 3/8.

Return to “Farmall Cub”