This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dumb Ebay Question?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Dumb Ebay Question?

Postby Super A » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:42 pm

Sorry if this is a repeat, my computer hiccuped or something and my message didn't show up:

Well, it seems dumb to me....... :? If a seller puts an item on Ebay, and the seller does not put a reserve on the item, can they refuse to sell the item to the higest bidder? I saw a Farmall Super A on ebay over the weekend, the auction ended on Monday. I though the sale price was reasonable, nothing spectacular either way. Well the same tractor is back on today, and in the description the seller said they couldn't put a reserve on it, but they would not take less than $x amount. Can a seller do that????

I have no plans in bidding on the tractor, mainly because of a wedding coming up in June. :D But I didn't THINK you could "legally" do that on ebay. The whole deal sounds sorta fishy to me.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

rvharris3
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rvharris3 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:41 pm

On Ebay the seller can put a reserve price, buy-it-now price, or a starting
price and I believe must sell to the highest bidder if the reserve or asking price is met. Ebay has a good help section too lots of Cub items on Ebay
and fun to look at items and get ideas.
1962 Cub Lo-Boy w/Woods Mower-59-C-2
1972 Gravely L-8
1941 John Deere "A" Styled

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:58 pm

I believe eBay fees are based on the greater of sale price or reserve price. Maybe he is trying to reduce the fee if he doesn't get his price. Two days is pretty quick turn-around on a relist, not time enough for deciding a high bidder is unresponsive. I have a hunch he shill bidded it in himself under another bidder ID because the bids weren't high enough for him. I don't think I would touch it.

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:40 am

Ebay is a legal contrat when you sell on there and if he had no reserve price I would bet the highest bidder could take him along with ebay and get his tractor. That guy could be in trouble.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:40 am

On E-Pay :twisted: you can sell your item for a 'fixed price", as well as a Reserve price. :roll: The only way I know that a sold item can be re-listed is if the Buyer renegs on the sale :evil: ...in THAT case, you can re-list the item again, or offer it to the next highest bidder on a "second chance" offer.
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Return to “Farmall Cub”