Here is what it looks like today

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:22 pm

Shure is purty :!: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:29 pm

Lookin' Good Ralph. I'm gonna hafta visit Florence soon.... :D

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:38 pm

Ralph
So here my plan:
As fast as you are, I figure I can buy an "Ugly" cubby, take a Friday off and haul it down to you, get a room for Fri. & Sat night. Pick my "Pretty" cub up from you Sunday morning and be back to work on Monday.

Let me know what weekend will work :D

Heck I'll even buy the pizza :wink:

:lol:

Nice job sir.

Guy

Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:27 pm

That's Sharp.. Nice Job!!!!!! 8) Now i just wish the snow would melt away, so i could get working in the shop again!

Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:47 pm

Shiny cub and a shiny bobcat drewl drewl drewl

Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:18 pm

hey you there raf orthe n tucky, i don't see no ugly on they un. is thet yelera.? :lol:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mike over hare on a rocky top

Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:31 pm

Very nice Ralph.... I am working hard to catch up with you!

Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:15 pm

Ralph, you're on record pace. What ever the record is. That's 3/4 of a pretty cub. 8)

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:00 pm

I worked on it a while today and all I have left to do is the hood and headlights.
It shure looks better with the seat ahd drawbar and rear lift assy back on it . I didn't have the camera with me today but I will take it to the shop tommorrow and post an update.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:58 pm

Ralph:

You sure know how to do up a Cub :!: It is awesome as usual. Gonna name him Blackie 2 :?: Looking forward to the finished pics.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:26 pm

Rudi
I havn't come up with a name yet but i will let you know

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:46 pm

So it appears to be OK to give a tractor a male name?? If so, I should name mine Rufus after Rufus Ingalls. Pretty interesting fellow that used to own the land the Cub will be working on.
I even have a bit of a web site for him: http://rufusingalls.tripod.com

Rufus Ingalls

Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:29 am

Buzzard Wing, that's a great web site. I'm a high school history teacher in Maine and I found it very interesting. Ingalls is one of the Mainers that my students learn about in our Civil War unit, as well as our most famous Civil War era Mainer, Joshua Chamberlain. Thanks for sharing this. :D

Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:11 pm

Thanks Vern. I hear tell that some of the family was over your way in Blue Hill.

Sorry about the ads, but it was the only way to get a decent URL without buying a domain. Chamberlain gets a beer named after him and Rufus gets SQUAT. So I am just doing my part! Should have worked over the town to at least name a road after him when they did 911. Instead I ended up with West Main (creative, eh?).

Pretty interesting trivia.... he was on a ship ordered by Lincoln to Pensacola (told NOT to tell the navy where they were going) it was supposed to be the gunship for Ft Sumter ... they went right by when the first shots were fired. AND he was in the room at Appomattox. Pretty much the Forrest Gump of his day. Certainly makes history interesting when you can follow one person through it.

Check out http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/moa/ and the Making of America site at UMich (my home state) for some interesting reading.