On It's Wayyyy !

Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:31 pm

Guys:

Found myself a manual that not only will be a great addition to the server, but will be a great tool in maintaining my own Cubs. Especially if and when I can find another complete hydraulic unit!

I saw this on eBay and got lucky... IT IS MINE :!: :lol: :D :lol:

Touch Control Manual
Can't wait till it gets here :!:

I just hope it is the correct manual for my Touch Control...

oh, btw, can y'all tell me if it is just the regular e-bay page that YOU see? I cannot tell as I am signed in and it brings up my eBay page....

Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:36 pm

Rudi. "Good Get". Wonder how different than the GSS-1024 it is?

Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:58 pm

Yep regular page

Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:04 pm

Rudi, do you still need the ITT - IH50 manual (Numbered low boys)?

Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:07 pm

Rudi
are you looking for a complete hydro unit

Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:06 pm

Most EXCELLENT, now maybe you can help me figure out mine.

John

Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:54 pm

John:

Yup! Still need it. Have next to nothing for the Numbered Series Cubs and I would like to correct that ifn I can.

Ralph:

Yup! I am looking for an almost complete Touch Control Setup. I have the pump with the block. I need the tubes and the reservoir. Granny has the internal stuff or so it seems. I will check again when I go down to the shop.

Send me a pm or an email ok? I am curious about the cost and how much it would weigh.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:27 am

Is there a lot of difference in the two types of touch control blocks? Why did IH make the change?
Vern

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:35 am

John is the one to answer that one I think. He is the one that keeps clueing us all in on the differences. I have a feeling if memory serves that the main difference is in the innards - especially seals and o-rings.

Aside from that, they look the same to me :roll: :D

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:58 am

Yes, there is quite a bit of difference. I only have limited experience comparing the 2, but the later one does seem to work quite a bit smoother than the early one as far as making small adjustments. There was an upgrade kit for the early version, but it is no longer available.

Touch Control

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:56 am

What year was the change made? Curious

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:50 pm

My parts book doesn't give the year, but the later one has 360719R1 (block part number) stamped on the flat spot on the side. I believe it's just above where the lines connect. Blocks with 351981R1 or 354383R1 throuh R4 are the early ones. Sometimes on the early ones I've seen the number under the overhang on the front. Another way to tell is the early ones had 2 hex head plugs screwed into the front. I beleive located between the lift cylinder and control plunger or just below them. The later ones only had the lift piston and contorl cylinder on the front.