Don't you just Love RED!

Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:06 pm

Almost ready to re-install thee gas tank/hood on the Cub :D

I just couldn't resist the lighted guages....Hope to get the "correct" ones soon 8)

Looks like I forgot to preserve the aspect ratio when I saved the pictures but its still red :!:

Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:09 pm

Lookin good!!!

Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:37 pm

Hold on here guys, I GOTS a question!

Looking at Kodiak's pictures (by the way very nice paint job) I noticed something that I like, real well.

I notice that he has his oil pressure gage, where I have my light switch and everything else is moved to the next hole. EXCEPT for the fuse holder, where does that go?

John Niekamp

Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:39 pm

Red is the best color for a tractor......

Looks great!

Just got the stickers for my hood.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:35 am

John, I'm with you--I really like the way Kodiak has moved his oil pressure gauge to a spot where you can see it. With my aging vision and unfortunately expanding waistline, it's pretty hard to see my gauge from the driver's seat. :)
Kodiak, that is a beautiful paint job. Is that one of Donny's half holes I see on the hood?
Vern

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:04 am

It does look great!

Glad to see that I am not the only one who likes the light swich 'natural'

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:05 am

John, Kodiaks tractor would have had the fuse holder on the back of the light switch, so you might have to become creative for yours.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:11 am

John:

That is how mine is laid out. Ammeter and Oil Pressure Guage top two knockouts from left to right. Center knockout has the light switch and the bottom knockout has my keyed ignition.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:28 am

Mine did not have a fuse or fuse holder at all. They are a bit harder to find that I thought. Found it at a marine supply store for 2.25.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:51 pm

My light switch does have the fuse holder on the back side of the switch. I didn't re-arrange the instruments just moved the oil pressure from the filter boss to the instrument panel. There was a covered hole, I just knocked out the plug. I took the light switch apart to clean the inside...best thing I did lately it was nasty and didn't work at all, now it works like a charm.

Thanks for all the compliments. I'll post more pictures as I make progress, hoped to get more done this weekend but have to go work on my Dad's lift on his low boy.

Thanks Ron

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:19 pm

Hey Kodiak,

What did you use to clean the switch with?? I at least need to clean the contacts on the back, they are pretty rusty.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:35 pm

I used a small wire brush (hand held) and carb cleaner. These switches are very sturdy so a good scrubbibg will do them good. For the guys interested in the oil guage I bought a tubing kit at the local auto parts store it had an assortment of fittings so it was no problem running the tubing to the instrument panel.
Last edited by Kodiak on Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:39 pm

Kodiak, if you click on the little "edit" button on your own posts, you can correct your mistakes after posting them. I know this from experience. I get lots of practice.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:12 pm

Thanks BD never noticed that little thing up in the corner :?

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:10 pm

Looks good Kodiac. These guys that see a half hole don't realize that is where the die electric goes.

Bill