Winter Convention

Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:48 pm

I went to the IH convention saturday and had a great time. I wanted to say GREAT JOB to WI chapter 4, Mike, Ken, and the many others who worked so hard to make this such a nice event. As a sidebar I saw one of John*.?-!.*cub owner hats being displayed in a place of high honor at the TM Tractor booth. Again great job guys. :D :D :D

Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:37 pm

This was a great event. We raised over $30K for the IH archives. If you did not make it there, this will be a show that may "live in IH infamy".

If I could upload pictures directly to this site(HINT! HINT!), I'd post the ones I have of Cub #501 for those non belivers here......

Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:53 pm

Ken, if you'll e-mail me one or two of them, I'll post them.

Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:45 pm

You guy's can't even imagine the work that Mike, Guy and and others put in to putting this on, They desurve the highest applause for work obove and beyond. A fantastic show. My only regret is I had so much to see and do that I bearly had breef words with them . However I did catch Big Jim" Well done Guy's . "Jack"

Re: Winter Convention

Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:53 pm

Dennis M. wrote:I saw one of John*.?-!.*cub owner hats
Tom says he has had several offers to buy that cap. guess I should start selling them on Ebay.

Nah, I'd rather give them away to people I meet.

Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:03 pm

My plans were to wear mine and between forgetting it and being afraid ov loosing it. she staid home, I talket to the guy with his on and he told me the story behind the*$%&#$% :lol: :lol: Then I remembered. Senior moments ya know :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:25 pm

Do you remeber who you met with it on?

Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:41 pm

I'm sure it was tom. He is a dairy farmer, about thirty i would guess. His wife is exspeting there first boy, He worked in the hospitallity room.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:48 pm

I Also attended the convention on Saturday. I also saw the Hat that was mentioned in the TM booth. I was surprised to see 501

I was disapointed to see it was not in original configuration.touch control must have been added at a later date.

I missed meeting Mike, Jim.and Ken but I met Justin NOSIH. The convention was a class act my hats off to Chapter 4 for their hard work to pull off a great event. Steve

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:31 am

The guy with the @#%$ Cub hat was Jim Renn. If his son was born during the convention they would name him Cyrus McCormick Renn. The kid lucked out. Jim was the guy who took care of the hospitality room and had all of the nice Chapter 4 shirts made.

Jim and the Club presented me with a beautiful Jacket and plaque for running the convention at the banquet. My emotions got the best of me.
Hats off to all of the guys in Chapter 4.

On another note I didn't hear if Becker was asked to leave any local establishments as in past Winter Conventions.
We will hear more, I am sure, when Jim gets back to Texas for his adopted home state (He went to grad school at Wisconsin).

I had some past National board members whine about the $5 walk-in fee.
That was are only real complaint.

Mike

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:33 am

The guy, Tom, who owns 501 was the great big huge guy collecting money at the door. Late 50s, 270 lbs, 6'4"