Orange cub clone

Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:37 pm

Fellow cubber would like to know what the tractor minneapolis moline made to compete with the cub. I ran up on a tractor that appeared to be a B allis chalmers from a distance. but it turned out to be a moline. Owner said it was about a 1958 model. It had blade, and a seed planter on the left hand side. The engine was similar to the cub, but the frame was channel iron. Same size as a cub only simple built.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:45 pm

Minnie Mo Model BF

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:13 pm

Yep, MM BF. A later version of the Cletrac "General", and then the BF Avery.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:29 pm

George sent you 2 pictures if you want to poast ,General at Martinsville & M M- B F at Johnson Co. DAVE

re

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:44 pm

The frame had the number 7v-224. The engine had model zxb3. any info on rarity or worth.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:06 pm

Here's a picture of Steve Sewell's BF I took last summer. The mounted plow will show that it's a little larger than a Cub.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:16 pm

I don't know why I keep double posting, I am only hitting the send once.
The bf is larger than the tractor I seen, I have been told it is a model "V". I cant find any pics or info on the model "v" to compare with, although I do see a listing for them in part sections

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:21 pm

To add more fuel to the fire... here's a picture of a General Dave Lutes sent to me:

Now... here's where it gets confusing. This little gem that Dave sent is smaller than a BF and is one I'm not familiar with. It does look more a Cub's size.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:23 pm

Model V is likely an Avery.
Try searching that.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:08 pm

The small tractor below the general is the one I have seen. It has a scrape blade, and a complete left side axle drive planter. Seems to be complete. 1 owner, but thinks it was bought in 58.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:26 pm

Cattle:

If, after posting, I hit the "back" command on my computer, I end up sending two messages.

If I exit the program without "going back" and then come back later, I only send one message.

Hope this helps.

Gar

Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:25 am

Gar & Catttle - near the bottom of the page and just to the right of the "Post Reply" button you see the words "Farmall Cub Forum Index -> Farmall Cub".
When you post a message, if you click on the Index portion it will take you to the index page. If you click on the Farmall Cub portion, it will take you back to the cub forum page. (or whatever forum you are in)

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:13 am

The MM and the Avery are very similar in appearance. So close that I would almost go as far as to say they are the same tractor, only painted different colors. :roll:

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:20 am

George Now I'm mixed up , I had the Moline listed in my photo book as a B F :?: :?:

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:24 am

The BF and V are more or less the same tractor. It started as the '39 Cletrac-General GG. (Made by Avery). Avery took it over in '45 as model "A". The Hercules was up'd to 133ci and in '51 MM took over Avery. They made a Model BF (narrow front, more like the General) and a model V (wide front).
The V was slightly smaller and only had a 65ci Herc. But to my knowledge there is no diference between the little wide front Avery BF and the MM model V.