This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

timing governor gear

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

timing governor gear

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:50 pm

One of the posters on the ATIS cub forum has bought a cub that it appears the idler gear may not be timed to the crankshaft gear, throwing the magneto timing off. Does anyone have an idea on how to check this short of removing the front cover? I couldn't find anything in the manuals. Does anybody have one torn down they are sure is in time that they could check the position of the drive lugs when the engine is in #1 TDC.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:06 pm

John I can't answer your question directly but if i remember correctl;y when every thing is right . Ie the # 1 cylinder is at tdc compression stroke the marks on the idler that the dist or mag go to are between 12 oclock and 1 oclock if you were viewing the gear straight on.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”