This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wear sleave?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Wear sleave?

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:34 am

Looking for options for installing a wear sleave on the front crankshaft pulley. Want to put it on as far as possible, but am concerned about damageing it since its so thin.Any and all ideas are appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Chris Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43701
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Circle Cub
1973 Int. 474

Wear Sleeve

Postby Chris Todd » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:47 am

Not a tough job. I put a Speedi Sleeve, Manufactured by Chicago Rawhide, on mine last summer. Purchased at Napa or most bearing supply stores. Just follow directions.

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:34 am

Chuckles,

Your concerns are the same that I had.
Throw the sleeve in a pot of oil and boil it. Carefully take it out of the oil and insrt onto pulley shaft. I used a short piece of plastic ABS pipe (2" the inside measure fits almost snug over the shaft. Gently tap her down til it seats at the bottom and you are good to go!

Others may have more ideas, but this worked for me.
Just Do It !

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:54 am

I put the pulley in the freezer for a couple of hours and heat the sleeve in the oven. Use tongs to place the hot sleeve on the cold pulley and carefully tap in on using a soft piece of wood and a hammer. Let the sleeve cool to the touch before you put it on the crankshaft. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:48 am

Charles,

I followed the freezer/oven method and used a PVC coupling to tap it on. Worked great.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Return to “Farmall Cub”