This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Governor?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Governor?

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:32 pm

A question for those who have opened up the governor. Simple answer I'm shure, but I can't find any information. How do you get the governor out of the case?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:45 pm

Soak the area with WD-40, Kroil, whatever your favorite penetrant is. Carefully clamp the governor drive in a vise - use wood to keep from damaging the gear - and gently knock the housing free.

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

THANKS

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't shure if something had to be removed first. Always pays to ask first!

Slappy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Slappy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:46 am

You can also carefully pry the the unit out - it actually comes out easier than you might think. Take a thin block of wood (1/2 inch or so) and place it on the cast housing lip then insert a small screwdriver in the side holes (the ones that allow you to access the roll pin in the shaft). Pry gently on alternate sides until it works out.
A kick in the pants is still a step forward.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:00 am

I was trying to get one aprt once when it unexpectedly poped out and landed in the floor. Bent it up a little, do be careful. Also when you resemble it, there is an index otch that iseasy to overlook. The governor off my parts cub went to a cousin that didn't notice the notch and tried to press his back together.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:00 am

:oops: Oh boy

I'm embarrased to ask now. But befor I met ya-all and I first got my cub and was hot and heavy to get it going. I did the big evil :twisted: of cutting the fan shroud bending it out and puling off the govener housing :!: I put the skippy heat wrench to the shaft loosened it up so it worked slid it back in place bolted it back up bent the fan shroud back into place and it seems to work well :?: I didn't take anything inside of the housing apart but am unsure of the timing thing. Looks like I need to put Mr Rudi's hard work to work and check out where I am.

Ya-all's the best and when I have a bad day I tune in and Feel Better

thanks CB
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farmall Cub”