This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Surprised

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Surprised

Postby Eugene » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:58 pm

Just finished plowing a garden spot using the Cub and a 193 moldboard plow. The soil hadn't been tilled in years and containes quite a bit of clay. I was pleasently surprised at how well the Cub handled the plow and how well the plow worked. I spent a pleasant 1/2 hour plowing, 70 degrees. That was great.

It wasn't so great when I was a teenager. We would plow around the clock in shifts as long as the ground wasn't frozen. Darn, was that a cold boring job. No heathousers, you couldn't put on enough clothes to keep warm. Then, after things warmed up a bit you ate bugs all night long. I sure miss the good old days.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:14 pm

I've done quite bit of plowing with a cub, both with molboard and rear disk plows, and they do good, jsut a little slow. When I was growing up I put in a lot of hours on an H, pulling 2 sixteens in our Mo. clay and rock. Did a lot of stopping to rehitch.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:46 pm

I was raised with JD's. After they had loafed around all winter feeding and bucking wood the plows would get them hot enough to blow hot carbon coals out of the exhaust. They looked pretty at dusk, but burned when they landed on you.

Best,
Mike

Return to “Farmall Cub”