This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Headlite reflecters

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Headlite reflecters

Postby Maritimer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:16 pm

Just curious,(being the cheapo that I am) is there anyway to refinish the reflectors on the teardrop style lite's?
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:19 pm

Some spray the lenses with chrome paint. If they are just tarnished, use Eagle One Nevr-Dull to polish them. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:25 am

I have even heard of guys using aluminum foil to line the reflector. I haven't tried it but as cheap as I am, I probably will sooner or later.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:49 am

Try "NeverDull" polish wadding. Most ACE hardware stores have it for about $3.00 :D Another product that works GREAT is SemiChrome Polish :wink: ! BOTH of these products does a GREAT JOB of cleaning & polishing the head light reflectors. Be SURE to use a SOFT, CLEAN CLOTH for buffing :wink: .
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:43 pm

I have used aluminum foil in my Grote style tail light to make it much brighter, being the PO painted it red. I learned that from a frugal Model T'er.
It makes a difference. Semi-Crome Polish is the best. We have a local Harley Rider, who uses it to polish his bike all the time. That thing will blind you if you stare at it too long.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:11 pm

Thanks guy's, for the info. Mine are just tarnished, so I'll try the never dull or some other chrome cleaner-polish first, If all else fails I can see the foil coming to the rescue. :wink:
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

Return to “Farmall Cub”