This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

This ebay auction makes me sick... (not really)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

This ebay auction makes me sick... (not really)

Postby nosih » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:46 pm

I knew I sold the NOS blocks cheap (actually I was happy with what I sold them for), but after watching the auction listed below, I know a few of you intelligent people that bought them while they were available, now have the opportunity to make some real money.. I just can't believe what it sold for....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63961&item=3880534075&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I bet Schmudlach is now kicking himself for not buying the crate of three that I offered him at the fall IH Collectors Auction....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:18 pm

Just like money in the bank! I wish I had gotten more of them.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:27 pm

that's more than JP gets for a rebuilt, ready to go engine. Seller may have a problem collecting, I see the buyer is no longer registered with Ebay. also looked at his -1 feedback, he appears to be In Australia.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:44 pm

NOSIH,

I was looking at your post regarding the the gas tank lip tool (good job by the way!) and clicked your link...

I thought your prices for NOS stuff was very reasonable. I noticed that you had hand hole covers for $15 and relayed that to JN who was looking for one (same guy as the one looking for the gas tank lip tool!)

At any rate, you may consider selling stuff on ebay. It is often a crazed marketplace. It is too easy to get caught up in it for some people, the same thing happens at regular auctions too. People don't know the value of what they are buying or don't know where else to look. It is not consistent at all either.

I almost bought an Alumastinger (13,000# hitch receiver) on ebay used till I checked what they cost... same price, cheaper shipping! Just sold an IH service manual for more than they cost from the dealer! But then again I sold the plastic hub caps and plastic nuts for my old C2500 for .99 and lost money on the shipping.... could have been money ahead by throwing them out.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:18 pm

I wouldn't get hung up on Ebay, The price was right as was. Since they weren't actually short blocks selling them for big bucks might not been as easy as it seems. Last year I almost got caught up in prices for those PTO converters ( since I have one). I resisted thus far I'm not sure those deals were for real.

Return to “Farmall Cub”