This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

hyd. pump

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jobuddy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28383

hyd. pump

Postby jobuddy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 am

My rebuilt pump our cub worked great for one pass with disc. Now it will not lift and hyd. Lines are hot to the touch. This is the second one he hs done,and the other is still working. Our was only leaking into engine case and worked fine. Any ideal or do need to buy another pump. Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: hyd. pump

Postby Bigdog » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:05 am

Check the fluid level first. It might just be air in the system so you can also try bleeding the system again.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

jobuddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jobuddy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:52 am

If not air in lines what thin,I called dad he is to take line a loose at lift box to get out. That is the place we to let air out. Thanks

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:03 pm

With the engine running, remove the fill plug on the hydraulic reservoir and cycle the control lever back and forth to work any air out of the system.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 pm

If not air, the next thing to check is the orifice and orifice screen for a piece of junk that got into the system. Remove the pipe plug from the hydraulic system head, then unscrew the orifice to clean it. There should be old posts with details if needed.

jobuddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jobuddy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:42 pm

ok men, need help bad. whet to my dads and he had taked pump apart again , no a go thing it was leaking and lift would try but couldnt lift disc.i pick up on disc and it would lift but slow and not by it self.i took orfis out it is clear of trash.so i guess ill get a gasket kit and do it myself. dad has had a stroke five years ago so he may have made a mistake.any ideas or am i going the right way. like i said before it worked great but leaked into crank case.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:08 pm

I would suggest that before one takes a hydraulic pump or the reservoir apart that one has a rudimentary familiarity with it. Suggest you read the GSS-1024 Touch Control Service Manual :idea: :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Another suggestion---maybe install the second pump you said is working correctly on the cub having the lifting issues, then at least you would be able to narrow the problem down to a pump or reservoir problem before doing any rebuilding again.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:12 pm

When assembling the pump, one part can be installed backwards. This will leave the pump non-working. There have been past discussions of this that you should be able to find using the search function.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:03 am

Jim Becker wrote:When assembling the pump, one part can be installed backwards. This will leave the pump non-working. There have been past discussions of this that you should be able to find using the search function.

Suggest you read the GSS-1024 Touch Control Service Manual .

The part Jim refers to is on page 28 in the above service manual. Part name is "Cover Bearing Spring". It's the flat brass piece with 2 holes and tabs on the edges.
I have an excuse. CRS.

jobuddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jobuddy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:46 pm

the pump on the cub, i sold it last year. i rebuilt the pump again myself and it does the same thing. my also also replaced o ring on the valve that controls the up and down of the lift as it had a slow leak. we replaced it once this year but it still leaked. i read here that some guys would wrap a little copper wire then put o ring on, is this problem????

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 pm

jobuddy wrote:i read here that some guys would wrap a little copper wire then put o ring on, is this problem????
No. Suggest reading the previous posts on this thread. There are several suggestions concerning problems encountered during rebuilding the hydraulic pump.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigMatt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46163
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub "Moe"
1950 Farmall M
1978 IH 184

Postby BigMatt » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:52 am

jobuddy wrote:i rebuilt the pump again myself and it does the same thing.

I am not a hydraulic expert, but I will say this sentence jumps out at me. If it isn't working and you rebuild the pump and it still isn't working, then it might not be the pump.

Return to “Farmall Cub”