This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

drive train

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bjgravley
10+ Years
10+ Years

drive train

Postby bjgravley » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:17 pm

does anyone have a picture of the inside of the tractor drive trian, it would be helpful to see the picture to understand when you talk about the set screw and worm gear ect. i was inpresed by the picture that someone posted about the gear shift thanks for any info

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:27 pm

Young man for work, old man for advice

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:44 am

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:13 pm

As I stated in an earlier post, I was having problems keeping the PTO engaged under load. You guys posted back a wonderful reply, wehich I haven't been able to implement yet, but I did realize through reading the thread, that I had WAY to much oil in the transmission case. So, I drained out the oil, and with it came a piece of threaded rod, which I can only assume is part of one of the retaining screws indicated in these drawings. The PTO is now much easier to engage, although I haven't put it under load to see if it will stay engaged. Very strange, what you may encounter when draing the ol. Of course, I refilled it with the proper amount since.

Return to “Farmall Cub”