This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1954 F-Cub wheel and grill color

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

1954 F-Cub wheel and grill color

Postby John Niekamp » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:32 am

Hey folks,

Hopfully in another week I will be painting my 54 F-Cub that I purchased from John $%$% CUB Owner.

What my question is, the wire mesh grill and the front wheels and rear rims appear to be silver or somthing close to that.

Is this suppose to be sliver or 2150 in 1954? I'm NOT going for a "professional" make-over, but still would like to have it to be correct in this year. IF it is suppose to be in the sliver color, what color should I be using?

Thanks,

John Niekamp
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:01 am

If it has a wire mesh grill, paint it red. The correct color for the wheels is also red. As far as I know, the color of the front grill didn't change from red until the design changed, and even then some of the first ones were painted red. I have seen some front rims with red centers and silver rims but, this is only a personal preference. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:28 am

The original rear rims were galvanized. If the coating is worn off or the rims are aftermarket (non-galvanized), paint them silver. The center disk is red and the entire front wheel is red. Red, red, red and more red.

Return to “Farmall Cub”